Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

rakion99

3. Offline

Digital_Warrior

does this work with 1.11.2?

4. Offline

drdanick

FYI: Download and wiki links have been pointed to my backup server and should now work.

There should be no reason why the wrapper won't work. The bukkit plugin, on the other hand, may well no longer work. I haven't had a chance to test this for a while :p

5. Offline

Jobsti

Any chance for an 1.12 (plugin)Update?

6. Offline

zachrywilsn

Only issue I see is kicking players:

Code:
    >.stopwrapper
    Forcing a save... (Shutdown delayed)
    [04:29:21 INFO]: Saving...
    [04:29:21 INFO]: Saved the world
    [04:29:22 INFO]: [Server] **SERVER IS SHUTTING DOWN**
    [04:29:25 WARN]: Unexpected exception while parsing console command "kickallstop"
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'kickallstop' in plugin RemoteToolkitPlugin vR10_A15.3
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:141) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:644) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:630) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.aP(DedicatedServer.java:443) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:406) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getOnlinePlayers()[Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKEventHandler.onCommand(RTKEventHandler.java:66) ~[?:?]
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.RTKPlugin.onCommand(RTKPlugin.java:149) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-7228328-d603539]
        ... 8 more
    [04:29:28 INFO]: Stopping the server
    [04:29:28 INFO]: Stopping server

7. My server uses RTK and BukkitWebby, and we'd started having issues once we updated to 1.12. I've got some experience with minecraft mods and plugins, so I figured I'd do what I could to help update these resources that have for the most part gone unchanged for a couple years now. I just managed to get the bukkit webby project converted from ant to maven (better dependency management), updated the dependencies required to their latest versions, and compiled against spigot 1.12 and the latest version of this plugin. Only then did I start reading through comments and discussion boards where people were claiming that parts of this toolkit were broken with 1.12. I'd be more than happy to help update this plugin (and the wrapper too if it turns out it's actually not still working properly) but the only public repository I found is completely empty. Let me know if you'd like my help, whether publicly on github or through a private sharing of code, and I can try to update the Bukkit Webby project against the updated version of this.

EDIT: after a bit of hard work, I've come back to give a quick update:

You're right about the wrapper working flawlessly still, but after a little more research, it seems that a bit of the API that you used in earlier versions to run the plugin was removed in 1.12. That doesn't mean that it can't be fixed, though, as I've managed to find a repository that had your uncompiled code for the plugin -- which I verified as very likely being the latest version by decompiling your latest release and looking at the api (please don't curse me). I say very likely the latest because the interface is no longer a singleton, which means it's either compatible with the newest or second newest API. The repository also contained the code included from those removed APIs, crucial for updating it in versions without the APIs, though I'm not sure why the attempt to do this was made back around 1.8.1. Regardless, I updated references from bukkit to spigot 1.12 and pointed any craftbukkit imports to that hacky code, and came up with a plugin that should have no differences in the API, and seems to work flawlessly when run on my spigot server. You can download it here if you'd like, though I'm still willing to help get this set up on the actual repository at some point.

SECOND EDIT: Completely unrelated to my original comment, would it be all right if I tried converting this plugin into a Sponge server tool? Unlike how the wrapper never breaks with Bukkit/Spigot servers because the share the same internal methods, Sponge is slightly incompatible, and currently lacks a good wrapper that's publicly available. Porting it to Sponge would require uploading to a public repository somewhere, like GitHub, due to the idea of everything related to Sponge being open-source. If this is okay with you and you'd like to share the code/buildscripts you have, I'd appreciate any help you could give me, though if you can no longer find the code, I can certainly handle obtaining the source through decompilation

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    zachrywilsn likes this.
  8. Offline

Kainzo

This doesnt work anymore.
    The latest versions of Minecraft wont work

9. Offline

bucksnort2

Hello,
    I'm using version 10 alpha 15.3 on a 1.13.1 spigot server, and this plugin is working great! I'm just wondering about one thing though, periodically an exception occurs
    Code:
    [18:47:19 WARN]: [RemoteToolkitPlugin] Plugin RemoteToolkitPlugin vR10_A15.3 generated an exception while executing task 2
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getOnlinePlayers()[Lorg/bukki/entity/Player;
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.MetricsLite.postPlugin(MetricsLite.java:287) ~[?:?]
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.MetricsLite.access$200(MetricsLite.java:53) ~[?:?]
        at com.drdanick.McRKit.plugin.MetricsLite$1.run(MetricsLite.java:175) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:76) ~[spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:52) [spigot-1.13.1.jar:git-Spigot-2440e18-4228a56]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
    Is there a way to get rid of this? Or will I just have to live with it? My only concern about it is that it fills up the log and I can't easily tell if people are getting on or off the server or what other things are going on.
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: When the reload command is run, the task number changes

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Offline

jakesta

It appears that 18w48a and above has hindered the restarting and hold functionality.
    I believe this happens because the RCON server isn't stopped along with the game server anymore and the toolkit sees the process as still online.

I was hoping that perhaps this tool could be open sourced so the community that still uses this wrapper can patch it up as needed? As I find this wrapper very useful and would be great to attempt to keep it going.

Or if someone can figure out how to make an override to allow .unhold/.restart to work while the wrapper sees the server still running that would 'fix' it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.