Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

drdanick

You can't send commands to the toolkit console directly through bukkit. You need to use the same syntax that you would use in game. ie.
    Code:
     /reschedulerestart user:pass time

3. Offline

P_S

And how i can set reschedule restart time trough API ??

4. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Thanks for the work, without this piece of work my server wouldn't run that smooth!
    One small question:

My server is running in a screen shell, any chance to enable colors?

5. Offline

Mozartripper

What is the config folder in the zip for ?

6. Thanks for the help. I followed the steps you described, but still get two java.exe in my taskbar, of which one is taking up 1GB ram from start, while initial heap size is set to 512MB.

This is how my .bat looks like:

Code:
    @Echo OFF
    TITLE MINECRAFT-CRAFTBUKKIT
    START "MINECRAFT-CRAFTBUKKIT" /ABOVENORMAL /B java -server -Xmx6G -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar user:pass

7. Offline

Zachar543

The issue is, you are forcing Minecraft_RKit.jar to use all these flags, not your server. As for the flags, you need to place them in the "extra-runtime-arguments=" section of wrapper.properties (which is located in the toolkit folder). Those flags need to be separated by commas.

That part should end up looking like this:
    Code:
    extra-runtime-arguments=-server,-Xmx6G,-XX:PermSize=128m,-XX:MaxPermSize=256m,-XX:+DisableExplicitGC,-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC,-XX:+UseParNewGC,-XX:+UseNUMA,-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled,-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50,-XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary,-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit,-XX:+UseBiasedLocking,-XX:SurvivorRatio=8,-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90,-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15,-XX:UseSSE=3,-XX:+UseLargePages,-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods,-XX:+UseStringCache,-XX:+UseCompressedStrings,-XX:+UseCompressedOops,-XX:+OptimizeStringConcat,-XX:+AggressiveOpts
    Also, you will see two java's, this is its own process.

8. Thank you very much, that was very helpful! The second process now eats much less ram, I think it worked perfectly. BTW, I've deleted my /config folder, using only the /toolkit one, that's the one that's needed, right?

9. Offline

Tsaukpaetra

The config folder, for all intents and purposes, is not needed if you already have the toolkit folder. IMHO the toolkit has backwards compatibility, so either should work, but make sure you only have one (probably the toolkit folder would be the best idea)
    Colors is determined by the server jar at the moment. All I needed for colors was to update to 1.4.6. ;)

10. Offline

drdanick

xGhOsTkiLLeRx Tsaukpaetra

For color support, you need to make sure the toolkit plugin jar is in your plugins folder. Color support has been tested to work with versions as early as 1.2.5.

11. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Yeah.
    MinecraftRKitPlugin is in the plugins folder and loaded successfully.
    In the wrapper.properties
    enable-jline is set to true
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal

Idk (yet) which screen version I'm using, latest toolkit (alpha 14.3)
    Using Ubuntu 12.0.4.1 LTS x64
    Java 7 Update 9
    Using Spigot, but color support works fine on my Windows test server with ANSI

Any advise what could be the issue?

Nevermind, fixed it!
    Removed the "\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal" from extra-runtime-arguments
    And it's working fine :)

12. Offline

Nipper

My server froze before the heart beat could be checked on a restart. Wondering why it did not just force quit the server and try starting it up again? This was the message it gave.

First attempt at checking for presence of Bukkit RTK plugin...
    Second attempt at checking for presence of Bukkit RTK plugin...
    Third attempt at checking for presence of Bukkit RTK plugin...
    RTK plugin for Bukkit was not detected. Disabling heartbeat until next restart.

I would assume that it would auto restart anyways. If not I would like to request the feature and aoption to restart if heart be not found on server load.

13. Offline

Tsaukpaetra

Right, as a safeguard against restart loops the toolkit won't enable heartbeats if it never gets one.
    If the server is freezing up that fast, there's probably something that is preventing normal operation even at startup, since the plugin should respond at first even if the main thread's locked up with something...

14. Offline

Nipper

Well what I would like is for I can bypass it. I know there is nothing. As it was and have been working. But I hate for it to not restart on load just incase it does.

15. Offline

Tsaukpaetra

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I believe you can set the toolkit to ignore heartbeats by:
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=0
    server-heartbeat-threshold=0

16. Offline

Trinitylimit

When other people try to log on to the console with the rktoolkit username and password it doesn't work.

17. Offline

darkarrow

Is there a version of this for minecraft version 1.2.5 that I could download?

18. Offline

naemr

Release 10, Alpha 14.3 works on 1.2.5 with Tekkit, or has been for me with no issue.

darkarrow likes this.
  19. Offline

darkarrow

Thank you very much, I wouldn't of even tried it. Works just fine!

20. Offline

Tsaukpaetra

Need more information. Have you added them to the users list by doing .useradd username password ? Users are not automatically imported from anywhere.

21. Offline

Trinitylimit

So if I do for example username: Trinitylimit and password: 123 will that be specified to me for the console? Do I have to add every person I want to the console with useradd?

22. Offline

Nipper

That's the thing. The wrapper fails to connect to the plugin to get the heartbeats. So it fails 3 times then disables that part of the plugin. I want a way to have it if it is unable to connect at all within the 3 checks to auto stop then restart the server. Not for sure why but it did it again last night. For some odd reason my server failed to load. It stops before it can fully load up. It seems to happen only since 1.4.6 I know It has to deal with a plugin but I have everyone to the newest so far.

23. Offline

drdanick

I will implement this as a configuration option shortly. Keep an eye on the first post for a minor update.

24. Offline

Tsaukpaetra

Right, you can specify one username:password on the commandline, and the rest are added using .useradd

25. Offline

Trinitylimit

So each person will have a different username and password or can I do one useradd and everyone use that one.

26. Offline

connor stone

Getting this at startup http://pastebin.com/YdYTcZRV
    using
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar ConnorStone:remoteelite1548
    pause

27. Offline

Nipper

TY

28. Offline

xDeeKay

How do you add colours to the messages? I've tried &e and §e but neither of them work.
    I'm using the newest build too (Release 10, Alpha 14.4 [CB 1.4.6])

29. Offline

Putresopp

Hi.

Im having a problem with Remote Toolkit. I cant connect to my server with the UDP client. I get this "response:authentication_error". I followed all the instructions and created a user with .useradd in console, im sure im using the correct user/password, also using the salt from the remote.properties file, port 25561 is open and listening. Im able to connect via Telnet

30. Offline

Liger_XT5

Occasionally we've been having a weird issue. Not sure what exactly is causing it.
    The server is setup to auto restart at 3am every day. When it does it's restart, sometimes, somehow, it's timer check times out. After the server has fully started, about 8-10 minutes later, it does a force restart without a safe shutdown, causing everyone to lose unsaved changes.

Show Spoiler

Code:
    #Minecraft Remote Toolkit Properties File
    #Thu Jan 03 21:28:30 GMT-05:00 2013
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    maximum-heap-size=1800M
    toolkit-autoshutdown-alerts=30m,10m,5m,4m,3m,2m,1m,30s,20s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    server-saveall-period=0
    extra-runtime-arguments=-Djline.terminal\=jline.UnsupportedTerminal
    force-save-on-restart=true
    server-heartbeat-threshold=240s
    server-restart-alerts=30m,10m,5m,4m,3m,2m,1m,30s,20s,10s,5s,4s,3s,2s,1s
    minecraft-server-jar=Spigot.jar
    initial-heap-size=1800M
    overridden-process-arguments=
    failed-heartbeat-restart-count=5
    filter-ansi-escape-codes=auto
    severe-exception-detection-level=1
    server-arguments=--nojline
    toolkit-autoshutdown-delay=0
    import-properties=false
    server-restart-delay=03\:00

31. Offline

tuxed

This does not work reliably with the regular minecraft_server.jar, which is a shame since otherwise it is a really useful tool.

.restart does not work for some reason and I have to use .stopwrapper and restart the wrapper from there. If you fixed it, I would gladly slip you a buck or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.