Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

Sergeant

Just installed the wrapper and while it seems to be working nicely so far, the /restartsrv command does nothing and I instead get an "unknown console command" error.

3. Offline

drdanick

Try running the shell script from within the minecraft directory (cd /home/minecraft and then ./rtoolkit.sh)

Save scheduling has already been implemented into the wrapper, or did you have some other system in mind?
    Scheduled backups is definitely on the todo list, i'm hoping to get something out soon.
    I'm working on in-game/remote restart rescheduling, which will serve the same purpose as the Delayed stop, perhaps i'll allow scheduling of other commands too, we shall see.

Yes.

I'll gave it a test. Nudge me if I haven't got it done in the next few days ;)

Make sure you put the included plugin in your plugins folder. Also, make sure that it is loaded by entering "plugins" in the console.

4. Offline

parker_digg

Awesome plugin. One thing is maybe make the install instructions more idiot-friendly. The zip had a lot more than it actually needed and I'm not sure why. Wasn't sure what had to go in or not. Either way, this is great and really helps fight against the instability of craftbukkit crashes.

5. Offline

ksevelyar

Could you please add RemoteToolkitPlugin to minerepo?​

6. Offline

Plague

Do not use a plus sign in the RB version, you should state the latest tested version.

7. Offline

drdanick

That's definitely a high priority. As soon as I have the wiki page set up, there will be a lot more room in this post (or on the wiki) for clearer instructions.

As I have said for a similar project, the fact that both the wrapper and the plugin are version dependent on each other, it would not be ideal to have the plugin component, without the wrapper, added to a repository such as that. I am currently working on my own auto update system for both the wrapper and the plugin and hope to have that up and running sometime soon.

Fair enough. Fixed ;)

8. Offline

oliverw92

Just wanted to say thanks for the plugin, it's a life-line for our server!

9. Offline

Nuinbot

Still drooling for an Android OS app! Keep up the good work!

10. Offline

Rhuen

11. Offline

ExplosiveBacoN

I'm having a lot of problems setting it up, can someone lend me a hand?

12. Offline

drdanick

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ll-remote-console-674.674/page-22#post-210903

I seriously would love to have auto updates work with this, but seeing as any updates to the plugin will almost always be dependent on new wrapper features, it just isn't feasible and would likely cause a whole raft of problems for the end user. I am looking into various alternatives, and do hope to support optional updates for both the wrapper and the plugin in the future.

Where are you stuck?

13. Offline

ExplosiveBacoN

Thanks but I managed to figure it out. :)

14. Offline

JitteryJoe123

Is this mac compatible?

15. Offline

drdanick

Yes!

16. Offline

JitteryJoe123

yea i was trying to use logmein for my server but i figured out how to port foward my router so it works now

17. Offline

Nate204

Could anyone help me with getting this going? or did I miss the response ;_;
    Sorry If this seems silly... My java crashed today and If I would have had your wrapper tied into my config, it would have simply restarted its self.

Thanks for your time!! =) I really miss the plugin...

18. Offline

Tordur

Hello, i have had some promblems running the plugin, through a putty screen. (On a CentOs Machine vps) And whenever i closed down the putty screen it closed the server or when it restarted. I did the following to make it work, by changing the .sh file
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

USER=Username
    PASS=Password

##YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE##
    DIRECTORY=$(cd "`dirname "$0"`" && pwd)
    (cd "$DIRECTORY"; screen -s MineCraft java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar ${USER}:${PASS})

19. Offline

vitowito

How am i gonna install the plugin ?
    in the instructions it says i need to locate the bukkit jar server launcher.
    though my bukkit launcher is in .bat format

20. Offline

Tordur

You should still have a Craftbukkit.jar in the folder?

21. Offline

vitowito

I dont think so. The only jar file that has 'craftbukkit' in it is the one i downloaded from the main bukkit page to set up craftbukkit. (which then was 'expanded' into more files once i clicked it)

Attached Files:

22. Offline

drdanick

Yes, that's the jar file. For simplicities sake, rename it to craftbukkit.jar.

23. Offline

vitowito

Ok thanks alot for your help :D

Can i please have detailed instructions on how to start the server please ?
    The ones on the first post are not helping me at all :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  24. Offline

drdanick

Where are you stuck?

25. Offline

vitowito

Well i copied all the files in their correct locations.
    i went into the bin folder, clicked on the batchfile and a .bat file starts and shutsdown instantly

another thing i did not understand . Where do i register the user & password ?

26. Offline

drdanick

Edit the .bat file with notepad. That's where you need to set your username and password.
    Also, white that file is open in notepad, add the word "pause" (no quotes) to a new line right at the end of the .bat file. That will allow you to see why it is not launching.

27. Offline

vitowito

this is what it told me

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

28. Offline

sharkale

change java word with "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" with quotes included

29. Offline

vitowito

i have no java word : (
    this is what i have

@echo off
    java -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar user:pass
    pause

30. Offline

drdanick

He means the first word on the second line ("java").

31. Offline

vitowito

oh ok .. because 'off' and 'java' where connected together. anywyas , this is my new text file
    @echo off
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe -Xmx30M -Xms30M -XX:MaxPermSize=40M -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar

Now the error is
    'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.