Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Haha, annoyingly ever since I posted the errors it hasn't done it. Every hour I just get the one single message. When it was doing it, it was cascading a constant stream of messages into the console until it finally bound. I'll keep an eye on my console and see if it does it again.

3. Offline

WindedDragon

Would this work on a server that is running on Hamachi?

4. Offline

blackmist

I managed to get remote working! :D I managed to get an external IP and portforward without using tunngle.

Now remote works AWESOMELY well.
    Thanks SO much.

I also noticed that remotetoolkit takes up quite abit of ram is that right? :eek:

5. Offline

Guenael

Hello

how i can change the color of automatic message : MAP SAVE IS COMPLETE, ? THX

6. Offline

WindedDragon

Could you explain to me what you did because I am trying to do the same thing.

7. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Have anyone gotten any fsock (for Telnet) php script to work with this? Whatever I do I only get broken pipe and no really useful feedback on whats going on. Any example code that works with this would be highly appreciated! :)

8. Offline

blackmist

You must first go to portforward.com and check out the guides for portforwarding based on your computer type. You need to obtain a static ip. In fact, its really hard for me to guide you, because my internet service provider is different than yours, so you gotta google here and there. Once you get your static ip, then use port 25561 (put it into your server properties as well). Then you're done!

9. Offline

WindedDragon

Ya...my internet provider does not provide a static ip. Is there another way to do this without a static ip such as Hamachi?

10. Offline

blackmist

I was previously using tunngle ip to host (before I changed to static ip) and it didnt work with the remote. You can try. But i'm unsure of the results.

11. Offline

codename_B

12. Offline

drdanick

All you need to do is set up port forwarding rules on your router for the UDP/TCP port 25561.
    If you need a static hostname, try using http://www.dyndns.com/

Here, this web interface connects to the telnet server just fine. Although, I have not read its source, so I do not know how it goes about it.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/web-admn-webukkit-v0-beta9-5-fix1.4141/

13. Offline

ProjectInfinity

14. Offline

Thumm

I would love to be able to set the time between shutting down and starting back up. I've only seen one other person request this on here and then retract the request heh. Thanks for the awesome plugin and keep up the good work.

15. Offline

SgtSpike

He was using Putty, OSX version.

We'll test out the new version shortly, thanks for fixing it!

16. Offline

Kas

Sorry for this stupid question, but I cant seem to figure out how this worldsaving feature works...
    Where are the worlds being saved? Can I let the world be saved between each of my servers daily restarts, to save the players from any lag?

Secondly, kudo's for this plugin, I love it, I dont have to worry about the memory leaks anymore and I can check in on my server when I'm at the uni or something, which is just beyond epic! Thanks!

17. Offline

drdanick

It's just calling save-all on the console, not performing a backup.
    The backup system has been postponed as the MCRegion format negates the advantages from my previous backup method. Once I find a way around it, i'll implement backups properly.

18. Offline

tremor

Anyone test RToolkit with CB #612 yet?

19. Offline

drdanick

Yes, It works.

20. Offline

oleerik

This is so awesome. The only "plugin" that I have never had to update. It is great! :)

21. Offline

tremor

Yep.. working like a charm..

22. Offline

Kas

Is there any way to still "gracefully stop the server" when this mod is installed?
    Can I let the server shutdown at a given time?... I would liek to do so, since I will put a while[1] loop in an sh script which executes a copy-directory command to backup everything and fires up the server afterwards, thus backupping between restarts.
    Also, can anyone tell me why my telnet connection resets every hour?

23. Offline

drdanick

.stopwrapper will stop both the wrapper and the server gracefully.

As for the telnet resets, I have not tested a connection for that long. It may have something to do with the library i'm using, i'll give that a test soon.

24. Offline

sharkale

yep, work perfect.

25. Offline

Chekkaa

Love it! I have been using it for months, both on hMod and Bukkit, and it really is a lifesaver when I have to be gone for a while! It's nice not having to worry about my server being down due to crashes or whatnot.

I have a question: what exactly does the plugin do? I have not noticed any difference between running the wrapper with or without the plugin. Does the plugin just allow for better crash detection or something?

Also, a suggestion (if you have time): sometimes when the server restarts, some other thing on the machine will grab up a bit of the RAM it was using, and then the server can't start due to not being able to reserve the right amount of RAM. Is there a way to make it automatically run with less RAM if it won't restart due to not enough RAM being available?

26. Offline

qwert1484

rtoolkit works for me on 617

27. Offline

drdanick

The plugin allows some in-game control, but will be used for extremely good crash detection very soon.

Also, that's an interesting idea, i'll have a look at possibly implementing something like that in the future.

28. Offline

ruben

I wonder, is it possible to apply normal commands like "time set 1", or other commands when you use plugins?
    Also, I'm not able to see what's going on on the server with my iPhone. How do I configure it so I can see what people say?

29. Offline

GmK

*Could* it be, that using RToolkit with a build like 617 disables any console commands? As soon as I start my server with the toolkit wrapper, I cannot use the console anymore.

This ofc could be a clash / a different plugin, so I'll check, but the toolkit was my first suspect.

30. Offline

drdanick

Were you having this problem prior to build 617? Can you post the body of wrapper.properties?

31. Offline

Bobjoeguy

How far are you on an app for android, it would be a huge lifesaver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.