Filled Redstone Request Tickets

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by FragmentReality, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FragmentReality

First time filing a plugin request, so I guess I will follow the guide.

Plugin category:
    Mechanics, Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: RedstoneRequest

What I want: I would like a plugin that requires mod or admin approval to power a redstone circuit. This is aimed to reduce unnecessary lag as advanced redstone is generally not used a lot. This means player would be able to place redstone wiring, redstone-powered devices, etc, but when attempting to power a circuit it would creating a RedstoneRequest, requesting for approval of the circuit. I get into more specifics as far as what would require a ticket below in the "IMPORTANT" section.

When this request happens it would notify the user of the pending approval and place a block where the source would be. If the user breaks the block, it cancels the requested ticket. I honestly don't know if this would be a good system, if you think of a better one tell me.

This ticket could be placed automatically, sending the location, author, item(s) in circuit, etc. Ideally though, this would also open a book or allow in chat some place to type in notes or a simple summary of their request.

Once a circuit is approved, the block would disappear and be replaced with the block or item that the ticket author had attempted to place prior to the ticket request.

If a circuit is denied, the block would disappear and the block or item would be returned to the ticket author's inventory.

IMPORTANT: For this plugin to work, it would need some way of contrasting a permanent power source (redstone torch, redstone block, lever, etc) from a temporary power source (pressure plate, button, tripwire, etc). Temporary sources should be able to run on their own as they require personal use to operate and will generally not be lag machines or things of the sort. This would allow things like doors, tnt under pressure plate traps, etc to operate fine without requests.

And yes, I am aware this would cause problems with some circuits like piston doors that require a redstone torch in the middle of the circuit. I can't think of a way to avoid this.

Lastly, it would be great if it could log all approved tickets in a text file on the server with their author, coordinates, etc. This would make tracking active redstone circuits quite simple.

Ideas for commands: /redreq manual - manually send a request using current position.
    /redreq inbox - checks inbox of mods/admins with redreq.reply for tickets.
    /redreq reply <number> - teleports mod/admin to location and lists the note in chat or gives them the note in a book or something, your choice.
    /redreq approve <number> - approves ticket of said number.
    /redreq deny <number> - denies ticket of said number.

Ideas for permissions: redreq.place - allows placing tickets.
    redreq.manual - allows placing tickets manually with /redreq manual.
    redreq.reply - allows a mod/admin to reply to a ticket using the /redreq reply command and to use the /redreq approve or /redreq deny commands to decide on said circuit, as well as being able to see the inbox.
    redreq.override - bypasses need for approval and lets you place redstone sources immediately.

When I'd like it by: To be honest no pressure, I don't have an immediate need for it.

2. Offline

FragmentReality

3. Offline

WishMachine

so every time you want to turn on your lights, or if you want to use a daylight sensor, you would need approval?

MightyOne and Matthewenderle like this.
  4. Offline

FragmentReality

Look, I didn't think this one through, alright? There are a lot of potential issues here.

Anyways, I thought of a much easier solution and this plugin is no longer needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.