Filled Rank Hider Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Getoffmycat, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Getoffmycat

First of all, sorry if a plugin like this exists, Ive been looking but couldnt find one, but I need a rank hider plugin

Plugin category: Admin

Suggested name: RankHider

What I want: I want a plugin that can make someones rank prefix APPEAR to be something else, when they are actually another rank. Say for me, I am a Godfather of the mafia in the server. I dont want my prefix to be Godfather, I want it to be Citizen. BUT, to other members of the mafia, I want it to say Godfather. I need something like this so the mafia on my server appears to be normal citizens, but is actually the mafia. They HAVE to have their prefix say mafia or godfather to the other members though.

Ideas for commands: /rh [GroupThatNeedsHiding] [GroupThatItNeedsToAppearAs]

Ideas for permissions:
    rankhider.seethrough - Allows you to see through the disguise
    rankhider.set - Allows you to set disguises for a group

When I'd like it by: Any time is fine.

Thank you! If this seems confusing, dont hesitate to reply!

2. Offline

plobnob

@Getoffmycat
    I can probably do this for you. It will need ProtocolLib as a dependency, if that is ok. Also, do you want it to replace every instance of the prefix? So, if a player sends a private message to a disguised player, change the prefix there aswell? Also, if this is the case, it will also replace the text if the prefix is typed accurately in chat. So, if I sent a message saying "Hello, is anyone here [Godfather] rank?", provided it had the exact colour code needed, it would be replaced with [Citizen]. Is that all ok?

EDIT: This would disclude bold, underline, strikethrough and italic's, I believe, meaning when you specify a prefix to be translated, you would not include any of these tags, only the colour tags. I could probably get it to include these tags, if necessary.

Plob.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  3. Offline

Getoffmycat

Yes, thats alright. Nobody has color permissions on the server anyways, so it would work out fine. I have ProtocalLib already, so thats fine aswell! I would like every instance. Will this make it so the other mafia members could see each others tags though?

4. Offline

plobnob

@Getoffmycat
    The way I am doing it, using ProtocolLib, checks the packets sent to each player. If it contains said prefix, I can check the players permissions, then change it accordingly. Also, I have found an alternate way to translate the characters, which includes bolt tags and such aswell, so forget my last edit on not including them.

Plob.

5. Offline

Getoffmycat

Alright, when do you think you would have it done? Thank you so much!

6. Offline

plobnob

@Getoffmycat
    Should have it done some time tomorrow, considering it is getting reasonably late here.

7. Offline

Getoffmycat

Alright, thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.