Radiation Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by willkiller1234, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Offline

willkiller1234

Plugin category: Radiation (fun)

Suggested name: Radiation (outdoors)

What I want: I am looking for a plugin to go with an nuclear apocalypse map. Where if you are outside not wearing the correct protective gear (armor, pumpkin) then you will take damage or maybe a potion effect will occur after to much exposure. To avoid the radiation you have to be at a certain depth in the world on the y-axis (configurable) or under a structure. And maybe you can claim areas using world edit as a safe zone. I am not strict on this and I love new ideas. I want to be lenient and give the designer some creative freedom because they are taking the time to make my life easier and help me out(which I really appreciate).

Ideas for commands: /radiation immune- become immune to the radiation
    /radiation setsafezone- set selected area using world edit as a safe zone
    /radiation poison (player)- poison the player

Ideas for permissions:
    radiation.admin- can set safe zone and make others immune and poison

When I'd like it by: Whenever possible. I would appreciate the help and give credit to the developer..

2. Offline

DarkPizzaX

Sounds very boring to me.

3. Offline

fire_weso

Reminds me of how the vampires act in day with the supernaturals plugin. At day they burn outside unless their either on water, have a gold helm or under something. I guess something similar could be done by someone. Then again idk cause i have stupidly poor knowledge of java.

4. Offline

Retherz_

You need to explain more

Codex Arcanum likes this.
  5. Offline

willkiller1234

Fire_weso that is what im looking for.

Ok i have an new idea. I will follow the format more closely this time. sorry i didn't think it need that much explaining.

Plugin category: Radiation (fun)

Suggested name: Radiation (outdoors)

What I want: I am looking for a plugin to go with an nuclear apocalypse map. Where if you are outside not wearing the correct protective gear (armor, pumpkin) then you will take damage or maybe a potion effect will occur after to much exposure. To avoid the radiation you have to be at a certain depth in the world on the y-axis (configurable) or under a structure. And maybe you can claim areas using world edit as a safe zone. I am not strict on this and I love new ideas. I want to be lenient and give the designer some creative freedom because they are taking the time to make my life easier and help me out(which I really appreciate).

Ideas for commands: /radiation immune- become immune to the radiation
    /radiation setsafezone- set selected area using world edit as a safe zone
    /radiation poison (player)- poison the player

Ideas for permissions:
    radiation.admin- can set safe zone and make others immune and poison

When I'd like it by: Whenever possible. I would appreciate the help and give credit to the developer.

6. Offline

caseif

The only part of this that would be difficult or impossible would be disabling radiation inside structures, purely because there is no reliable way to detect this. I could probably do this, but I may have a problem hooking into WorldEdit, or WorldGuard, rather, as I'm relatively new to Java.

7. Offline

gomeow

You might see if there is a block somewhere above them, but I guess that could prove problematic if they build a single block above them

8. Offline

willkiller1234

I can work just fine with radiation being able to work inside buildings. And thanks you for picking up the project! If there is any thing you want to add that you think would enhance it feel free.

9. Offline

tommycake50

i could do it and radiation shelters could be made out of iron blocks all i would need to do is check if they were near iron blocks and if they are then radiation wont apply otherwise it will anyway this sounds kinda boring i need a big project good luck to whoever takes this on.

10. Offline

caseif

Right, I was thinking, and I had an idea for how the shelter detection could work. It would work a bit like tommycake50's idea, but with any block. The plugin would check for blocks on the X, Y, and Z axes, and only turn off radiation if the player was within a certain range of a solid block on all three. Sound good?

11. Offline

willkiller1234

Sounds great! Just tell me when you have it finished! Thank you so much for working on this for me it is a huge help!

12. Offline

willkiller1234

hey is this plugin being developed?