QuickVote

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Chromify, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chromify

PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE FUTURE I MIGHT REQUEST MORE STUFF ADDED TO THIS PLUGIN! THX

Plugin category:
    Voting

Suggested name: QuickVote

What I want: I want players to do /vote, and in-game it will broadcast: Something like this http://prntscr.com/6qvstv. When they vote they will get rewards I can customize in the config, I want this plugin to have a 5 hour delay on /vote (so they will only be able to do /vote every 5 hours, when they cant vote display a message like this:http://prntscr.com/6qvwy3 but I put the 2nd line on the bottum because i didnt have enough space to put it on the top line) but at the same time I want to be able to edit and customize the voting message (after /vote) also when they join can you make it say something like this: http://prntscr.com/6qvv98 but I want to be able to customize that too in a config file. If I want more stuff added to this plugin I will tell you.
    Also with regular galistener you can do lucky votes and also you can do something like vote 10 times and get a prize.
    Lucky Votes Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7was lucky and received &c{REWARDSFORLUCKYVOTE}&7! Can you make it so I can edit what goes in the config, messages and rewards? Also the chance of getting a lucky vote?
    10 Times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 10 times and received &c{REWARDSFORTENVOTES}
    20 Times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 20 times and received &c{REWARDSFORTWENTYVOTES}
    30 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 30 times and received &c{REWARDSFORTHIRTYVOTES}
    40 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 40 times and received &c{REWARDSFORFORTYVOTES}
    50 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 50 times and received &c{REWARDSFORFIFTYVOTES}
    60 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 60 times and received &c{REWARDSFORSIXTYVOTES}
    70 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 70 times and received &c{REWARDSFORSEVENTYVOTES}
    80 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 80 times and received &c{REWARDSFOREIGHTYVOTES}
    90 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 90 times and received &c{REWARDSFORNINTYVOTES}
    100 times Vote Message: ex: &c{PLAYER} &7has voted a total of 100 times and received &c{REWARDSFORHUNDREDVOTES}
    Can you reset the votes every 31 days? Not the rewards just the stats of how many people voted, etc. To bypass the 5 hour delay (I want to be able to change this delay in config) a player will need quickvote.delay.bypass
    Ideas for commands: /vote to vote (no perm needed)

Ideas for permissions: quickvote.delay.bypass to bypass the /vote delay

When I'd like it by: In 2 days if possible, 3 1/2 days latest.

2. Offline

nverdier

@Chromify Wait, when you do /vote, does it like vote on a site, or what?

3. Offline

Chromify

No, you get rewards automatically by doing /vote. My friend is buying ads for my server plus it would be no point setting up galistener and real voting is useless and hard to set up so I want this plugin @nverdier

4. Offline

Chromify

I said I don't want that. I want a custom one. @bwfcwalshy

5. @Chromify Why waste a developers time when you can just setup GAListener? It has what you want.

6. Offline

Chromify

Then how would a fake /vote command work and have a delay? Hmm @bwfcwalshy ?

7. @Chromify I'm sure an alias plugin can do it.

8. Offline

Chromify

That's why I needed this custom, to make my life easier, I don't want any additional plugins, one solid plugin that does what I need it to do.
    Btw what do u mean by alias plugin @bwfcwalshy

9. Offline

H1DD3NxGames

@Chromify
    Just use GAListener and you can custom the msgs yourself in the config, all you have to do is read, and you can make rewards and broadcast for when people vote a certain amount of time, you can't add a delay to vote again cause all websites you vote for only allowed the player to vote every 24 hours.

I would say this is useless to make cause there is a plugin mostly exactly what you need

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Chromify Commands.yml eliminates the need of an alias plugin.

11. Offline

Chromify

It's too complicated. Can you either code the plugin for me or have a step by step guide? I'm a beginner at this!

12. Offline

Tehmaker

If you can't do a simple search on youtube, google, etc. why are you making an attempt to run such a complicated server? I would hate to crush your dreams and hopes with reality, but sometimes it needs to be done. You haven't made a single effort to take the advice and suggestions that have been offered to you (which are perfectly reasonable and justified) and are expecting to be spoonfed.

13. Offline

Chromify

Well if you read what I said before I meant that it's too complicated. Should I just get help from the coder of GAListener?

14. @Chromify No you should stop being complicated and use what people offered you.

15. Offline

Chromify

Stop being complicated? Do you even understand what I meant by that? I'm not the one who's being complicated. I just need a beneficial plugin for my server and what I need is the first post in this thread, aka. my plugin suggestion.

16. Offline

nverdier

http://wiki.bukkit.org/Commands.yml

17. Offline

Chromify

18. Offline

nverdier

@Chromify You said it's too complicated, and wanted a step by step guide.

19. Offline

Chromify

20. Offline

nverdier

@Chromify You want me to copy and paste the entire article?!?!?! Just read it!

21. Offline

Chromify

I didn't mean the commands.yml. I meant the GAListener stuff... @nverdier

Like /vote in-game

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  22. Offline

nverdier

@Chromify Well when you said
    it was out of context if you were talking about GAListener.

23. Offline

Chromify

Okay I read it, give me an example of how I would use it in my config or something @nverdier

24. Offline

nverdier

25. Offline

Chromify

So when would I use it, how would I use it?
    Like give me an example where I would use it, like where in the config file. @nverdier

26. Offline

MoejoeAw44

He is simply asking for a plugin that does /vote for you.
    What I think he means is when you type /vote it just pretends you voted, as-in giving you the items without a command. This could be easily done by making a kit in essentials, and using an alias in the commands.yml.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.