Question about Plugin Permissions (And other stuff)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Prime_Jetspace, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

So, I'm a bit confused about this Permissions stuff...
    What do they do exactly? And what are they for? I know the term is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm kinda stumped about them. Can someone give me a very detailed description about what they are as if I've never heard of them ever?

Bump... because I NEED TO KNOW.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

timeforthelolz

Say if you have modifyworld plugin. You want your user to access the plugin. In whatever permissions program you are using (I use PermissionsEx because it's really easy and there are tons of guides) you would create groups. Then you would add the permission - modifyworld.* to let your users use that plugin.

3. Offline

JOPHESTUS

A permissions plugin basicly allows you to control what features users have access to. You can give them prefixes and suffixes.

4. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

Ah, thanks. But how does it work? How exactly can I modify it so that only OPs can use it?

Thanks, it makes more sense now. But how can I revert it so that only OPs can use it, like I said above?

5. Offline

timeforthelolz

Make an OP group (usually groups are defualt, member, VIP, moderator, admin) then under admin permissions type the permission you want them to use. This way only admins can access the permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.