PvP Practice Plugin Ideas

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by JustAjavaCoder, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JustAjavaCoder

Hi! I am going to be developing a PvP plugin like those on Badlion, Kohi, GotPvP and other servers. What I am interested in is ideas (as in features, permissions, commands, etc.) that make this plugin unique.

If you have any ideas please reply.

Another thing: I will be publishing the full version of this plugin and its source code on dev.bukkit.org, for versions 1.7.10, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 (I will start with 1.7.10 and work my way up).

2. Offline

Zeneth2727

- Party/Team fights (FFA, RR, NvN, etc)
    - 100% configuration
    - Custom Knockback
    - Custom Hit Detection
    - Auto clear glass from inventories

3. Offline

mttprvst13

Just make the plugin work with all versions. There are plenty of tutorials out there to tell you how to do it, and I personally think it is quite easy.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Depends on what the backend is doing, NMS is more difficult.

5. Offline

mttprvst13

Not necessarily. It can be setup to have a "base" class that, when initialized, tries to initialize "subclasses" that are specific to each version. This would go from the latest version to the oldest version, and to check what version, simply calling a method in a class that is only in that specific version of Minecraft. If it throws an error, it is not that version. This, of course, takes more time, although makes the audience that can download your plugin much, much larger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.