Inactive [PVP] Anti-Relog v2.0 - A Light-Weight PVP Plugin that Prevents Cheating![1.3.1-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by r0306, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Offline

r0306

[​IMG]
    A lightweight, simple-to-use PVP plugin, Anti-Relog prevents players from escaping battles by teleporting or logging off. If the player logs off while in combat, they are instantly killed and their items will drop as usual. They are also banned for a set amount of time.

Full Description and Download can be found at BukkitDev.

Version 2.0 has been released!

What is so special about this new version?
    • NPCs: There is now a configurable option to spawn NPCs when a player combat logs. The default action for these bots is to stand still and be killed as a penalty to the combat logger but an option is added to turn on aggressive mode (this can also be assigned individually by giving players the 'antirelog.aggressivenpc' permissions node). In aggressive mode, NPCs will fight back and attack the attacker of the combat logger. If an NPC is killed, they will drop whatever is set in the config (inventory, armor, and/or exp). There is no need to fear duping as a player cannot log back in until their NPC has finished fighting. Best of all, many players who have been having conflicts with Modifyworld can be assured that this feature has been tested and is compatible with that plugin.
    • Recoded From The Ground Up: I admit that I've had some sloppy coding in version 1.0. That's why I've done a clean recode of this popular plugin from the ground up with many improvements to help prevent server lag and for the plugin to run smoothly.
    • Organized Configuration: The old config was messy with options strewn all over the place. In version 2.0, I organized these options into categories and added comments to describe what each of the configuration nodes do. More information about the configuration can be found here. Colors can be found here.
    • Automatic Update Notifications: I realize that many servers run 100+ plugins and it's a hassle to have to check whether each plugin is up to date or not. With this feature, the plugin automatically checks for updates upon server start-up and at regular intervals for new releases and notifies owners via a message to the console to help keep the plugin up-to-date with the latest features.
    • Runnable Commands: Many people have been asking me to add a function for economy penalization to players who combat log but I have also received many other requests to penalize the player such as jail them or teleport them to a certain location so I thought, why not just add the feature to run commands from the console? That way owners can do whatever they please as long as they have a plugin to support the feature. So with that, this new feature has been added allowing you to run multiple commands on player login once they have been unbanned. Simply use <player> in place of the playername. For example, /eco take <player> 100 subtracts money from the combat logger's essentials economy account on login.
    Phew! That was alot of features. I'm always open to suggestions so post any ideas in the comments below and I will try to add them in if I approve of it! Thanks for your continued support of AntiRelog.

Okay I am serious this time! You MUST delete the old configuration file before running version 2.0!!!

Updates:

• (APPROVED) I've seen the comments and many people were anticipating the release of this new version. I would have released a 1.3 the day it came out, but I admit that I've had some sloppy and redundant code which was probably dragging servers down performance-wise. That's why I've been working on this all day for the past two days, recoding the code from the ground up. This new version is designed to run more efficiently and with much more sophistication than the previous versions. Best of all, it offers the ability to spawn NPCs in place of combat loggers. Just like Combat Tag but with one unique point: <<color red>> NPCs are compatible with Modifyworld! <</color>> Yes! That's right. The notorious conflict between many PvP plugins regarding NPCs being invincible has now been resolved with this plugin so you can use it with a peace of mind. I've also organized the configuration file so that it's easier to read. However, be aware that Version 2.0 is only in its beta stage and has many bugs. If you find any, please kindly post them on BukkitDev so that I can resolve them as soon as possible.
    • (APPROVED) Version 1.5 has been released. This version contains the critical /f home bug fix where players could teleport to their faction home even when tagged. A fix has also been added for the broken /unban command for servers in offline mode. Many people have been telling me that players have not been dropping their items when pvp logging and I believe that this is due to the fact that they could escape penalty by pressing the "X" button on their client window. Well worry no more because this issue has been addressed as well.
    • (APPROVED) Version 1.4 has been released. There's too many new features in this new version to name. Servers in offline mode can now ban players when they PVP log. A customizable message is sent to the player when they enter/leave combat so that they know when they can safely log off. The text logger that logs PVP logs now includes the reason for the player's unban. Mob logger has also been implemented in this update. Even more options have been added in this release. One of the most notable features in this new release is the ability to choose which commands are disabled while in PVP. This can open up a field for PVP using commands and spells. Support for the Heroes plugin has also been added and plugin conflicts have been solved.
    • (APPROVED) Version 1.3 has been released. As it turned out, Version 1.2 was stock full of bugs and glitches. I quickly rebuilt the code from the ground up, eliminating many possible sources of error. I have completely changed the PVP system so that it no longer glitches up when players PVP. In this new update, players can see the PVP time that they still have left using /ar t. In addition, the errors showing up with Factions has been fixed in addition to fixing more compatibility issues. This has been a rushed release to fix the errors of Version 1.2 so I have not added configuration for disallowed commands yet.
    • (APPROVED) Version 1.2 has been released. It contains the much requested compatibility with safe-zone plugins like WorldGuard and Factions. No longer will players be tagged as in PVP when hitting players inside these safe zones. Compatibility with Citizens NPCs has also been added so that NPC guards don't count as human players. Most importantly, I have added the ability to distinguish between a client crash and an on-purpose logoff. Players will no longer be banned if their client crashes. In addition, some minor bug fixes and performance issues have been addressed, bringing this project into Beta development stage. In the next update, I will be adding configurable allowed commands that can be used while in PVP so stay tuned.
    • (APPROVED) Version 1.1 is out! This version contains many bug fixes and more efficient code. I have fixed many of the reported bugs and added many new features (togglable MOTD). If you are updating, you should delete your old config.yml file before loading onto the server. I'm still having a hard time with Factions as they do not have an API for developers. I'm also looking into several requests from the comments below. If you guys have any questions or found any bugs in the plugin, please report them below. This project has officially entered the Alpha developing period. I will continue adding features to the plugin as requested or whenever I have an idea. Thanks.
    Source on GitHub:
    [​IMG]

Change Log:

Version 2.0:

Version 2.0
    • Completely recoded plugin from the ground up.
    • Cleaner and more efficient code to prevent memory leaks and leave more resources for other plugins to run on.
    • Added NPCs that spawn when a player combat logs.
    • NPCs have basic combat AI in aggressive mode (which can be toggled in the config or be allowed through a permission node see above).
    • NPCs are compatiable with Modifyworld.
    • Cleaner and organized configuration format for ease of use.
    • Custom messages now support color.
    • Added option to run commands from the console when a combat logger logs back on once they are unbanned.
    • Added option to choose whether to drop the player's inventory, armor, or exp.
    • Fixed issue with items not dropping.
    • Automatic update notifications to the console when a new version is available.
    • Fixed issue with MobCatcher.
    ========================================
    Version 1.0:

Version 1.0:
    • Release.
    Version 1.1:
    • Major bug fixes.
    • Added more flexible options to toggle different functions.
    • EXP and equipped armor will now drop if player logs off during PVP.
    • Added custom ban messages that will be shown to the player.
    • If server reloads when the player is still banned, instead of leaving the player as banned, the server will unban the player.
    Version 1.2:
    • Fixed compatibility issues with Factions, WorldGuard, Towny, and any Safe-Zones.
    • Players will not be tagged if fighting against NPCs.
    • Differentiates between client crash and intentional logout. Players don't get banned when they crash!
    • Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
    Version 1.3:
    • Emergency Release.
    • Completely changed the code around using a new method of tracking PVP which is 99% glitch free.
    • No more glitching during PVP.
    • Fixed permissions issues.
    • Allows players to see the remaining combat duration using /ar t or /ar time.
    • Fixed major issues regarding Citizens and Factions.
    Version 1.4:
    • Added fix for some cases where players are able to PVP log without penalty.
    • Added support for Heroes plugin.
    • Added support for banning on servers in offline mode.
    • Added command for unbanning players who were banned by PVP logging (regular unbans do not work!).
    • Added option for PVP logging against Mobs (agressive/passive).
    • Added option to toggle the killing of the player if they PVP log.
    • Added ability for server owners to choose which commands they want to disable during PVP (allowing use of spells/PVP commands).
    • Added ability to toggle the disabling of commands during PVP.
    • Added ability to toggle all commands off during PVP.
    • Plugin will now write the reason for the player's unban in the PVP log file.
    Version 1.5
    • Critical bug fix with /f home.
    • Fixed error messages regarding mob logger as well as implementing full functionality for passive mob logger.
    • Sends a customizable message notifying players when they are/are not in combat.
    • Added alias /arl for plugin conflicts.
    • Fixed exploit of directly closing the client window to bypass PVP logging.
    • Use <player> in config field: TempBanMessage to signify which player PVP logged.
    • Fixed command issue with /unban for servers in offline mode.
    Version 1.6
    • Removed spam due to forgotten debug lines.

2. Offline

Elitemcs

A great idea!

3. Offline

winter4w

2nd post :D

4. Offline

NovaSplurge

Great idea and it looks good im setting it up now :D

5. Offline

qwertyps

Great idea except for the fact that people tend to crash sometimes

6. Offline

zombieman1000

i dont like it first of all all my players hate thhat they get banned for so long ccause they lose java conection

7. Offline

r0306

I'm adding detection to differentiate between crashes and normal logoff.

8. Offline

zombieman1000

that would make it a lot better

9. Offline

KillerShark57

Well, I don't really like this plugin. The "combat" status stays for a long time and once when I was NOT in combat, but in my base, I waited around a minute before relogging. When I logged off, it listed me as a PVP logger even though I was at my base with no combat for more than a minute. I ended up losing everything I had on me that time...

10. Offline

r0306

Please know that this plugin is only in its alpha stage which means there are still many bugs to be fixed and performance is not yet stable. Are you the server owner and if so, can you post your config settings here?

11. Offline

KollegahDerBoss

nice, gonna try that.

12. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

Is there a way to detect the logout so only when the player disconnects it will ban cuz some people can get banned if they crash but anotger reason logout is better is if you ever noticed clicking the red X on the minecraft thing shows up as endOfStream and not disconnecte so i would rate this plugin 4/10

13. Awesome, I want try this!

14. Offline

r0306

I updated the plugin so that it will still ban the player if the reason for disconnect is either playerQuit or endOfStream so that should fix it.

15. Offline

Benjerji

I think it would be a greater idea to show us all a video. Because I'm not getting the concept here.

16. Offline

r0306

If anyone here would like to make a video about this, they can send the link to me and I will be very happy to put it up. Otherwise, it's hard to demonstrate this plugin with just one client as this involves two or more people in PVP and also my friends and I are busy right now. I will do the video a bit later when I have added more features to the plugin.

17. Offline

Benjerji

Ok i think that'll be great, thanks for that.

18. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

How about anti-PvPLogger?

19. Offline

r0306

What do you mean?

20. Offline

xbaxdark

This plugin from what I've gathered doesn't make use of NPC's, just simply drops inventory on log out right? This sounds far less problematic than previous anti-pvp logging plugins in the past. The npc's with other plugins would often bug out and would become invincible and often stay where they were until server is restarted. This plugin looks very promising to me, and I would love to use it, however I'm concerned that this plugin would conflict with pvparena plugin. Pvparena allows for player pvp arenas where players can choose items sets or "classes" and have their original inventory restored once they exit. We had issues with other anti combat logger plugins conflicting with our pvparena setup in the past. I'm thinking if you added world guard region support and made it so that say for example a specific area/region like a pvp arena could be exempt from these rules.

What your thoughts?

Thank you for your time.
    -Dark

21. Offline

r0306

Hmm, I can try. But can you tell me how exactly it conflicts with the pvp plugin?

22. Offline

xbaxdark

When a user "combat logs" during/inside a pvparena they are often ejected from arena with the class items still in the players inventory. Anti-pvplogger plugins seem to conflict with inventory reset when leaving the arena or when logging out while in an arena.

I would recommend collaborating with slipcor, he updates his plugin regularly and has always shown us (rivalkingdoms.enjin.com) a open ear to suggestions.

23. Offline

r0306

Sure thing. I'll ask him for an API or something. However, there are just so many arena/pvp plugins out there that it is almost impossible to take care of all the conflicts. :(

24. Offline

xbaxdark

slipcors is definetly a top pvparena plugin.
    I would appreciate it infinitly if these two plugins worked well together.

If it were possible to add world guard region support for this plugin, then you could maybe just disable the anti-relog feature for just the specific arena area(region)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  25. Offline

r0306

Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out how to use the WorldGuard API.

26. Offline

xbaxdark

If you manage to get it going, needless to say my hat goes off to you, it will add a great deal of versatility and usefulness to your plugin!

Thanks for taking the time to consider my input.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread! :)

27. Offline

xbaxdark

I've been trying this plugin out on our (pvp) server and it doesn't seem to work really. It will ban the odd combat logger for 5 mins but I'm still seeing alot of combat logging that goes unpunished. I check console and it showed them as disconnect: quitting so it's legit combat log. Also if it has you tagged in combat, it would be nice if it could notify you some how " ** Entering combat ** - ** exiting combat ** or something.

I wish mojang would just add a delay to log out while in combat like they blizzard did for world of warcraft because I don't doubt the coders efforts on these plugins but I've never been able to run one bug free....
    :(

28. Offline

r0306

xbaxdark
    Hmm. It's really hard for me to test the plugins on my own server because I only have access to a few accounts and therefore can't really tell how the code will work on a server with 100 + people. :\ It seems to work just fine with 3 players but I guess there is still a bug in the code as you are not the only one with this issue. (Also, I suspect that this is caused by massive amounts of players attacking each other before the variables can be stored successfully but I'm not really sure how to solve that issue. This is also one of the main reasons why these PvP plugins may seem buggy on larger servers sometimes.) Still, I am trying to resolve these issues but with the limited resources I have to debug why the code is acting the way it is, it is very hard for me to do so. As for your suggestion of adding messages, I will try to add that in as well.

29. Offline

xBorn2play

This pvp logger is the best i've seen however it just doesnt seem to work on our server

30. Offline

r0306

xBorn2play
    Hello. I remember that you were saying that players who pvp log can rejoin without penalty. Can you tell me if your server is in offline mode? It might be something to do with that.