Punishment Plugin that utilizes a GUI

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by knuckles0315, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

knuckles0315

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: Punish

What I want: This plugin is going to be a GUI based punishment system where once you type a reason with the command and player name the GUI comes up and based on permissions the options you have in terms of punishment. What the GUI will look like is that of a double chest. On the far left in the top corner it will show a Steve skull and the player's name when hovered over as well as the UUID of the player. Under the head, if applicable it will show previous infractions depicted as certain blocks for the offense based on the severity and the punishment type.
    Then, three spaces over, on the top of column four from the left, a sign should show saying Temp-Mute when hovered over. Underneath it should be four severity levels that should be able to be changed from the config. (The blocks used as severity do not matter) On column four from the right will be the tempbans which will work the same way as the temp mutes.
    On the first column from the right, in no particular order, there should be the items for permanent mute, permanent ban, kick, and warn. On the second column from the right there should be blocks/items to unban, unmute, and clear record. Every option should have its name hovering over it. *ALL PLAYERS ARE NOTIFIED WHEN A PUNISHMENT IS GIVEN*
    Also, if it would not cause too much trouble, a config option to change the prefix of the punish when it goes out along with abilities to customize the message colors.
    Staff issuing punishment- <Prefix> You <punishment with -ed suffix> <player> because of <reason> (for time) *time is non applicable for kicks/warns and is filled by permanent for permanent punishments

Punished Player POV- <Prefix> <Staff Member> <punishment with -ed suffix> you because of <reason> (for time) *time is non applicable for kicks/warns and is filled by permanent for permanent punishments

All other players' POV- <Prefix> <Staff Member> <punishment with -ed suffix> <player> because of <reason> (for time) *time is non applicable for kicks/warns and is filled by permanent for permanent punishments

Ideas for commands: /punish <player> <reason>

Ideas for permissions: punish.use punish.clear
    punish.warn punish.kick punish.ban punish.tempban.sevone punish.tempban.sevtwo punish.tempban.sevthree punish.tempban.sevfour punish.mute.permanent punish.mute.sevone punish.mute.sevtwo punish.mute.sevthree punish.mute.sevfour

When I'd like it by: Whenever it fits the convenience of the developer

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. @knuckles0315 You might want to check out my plugin Administration Panel 2, it does all you need and a lot more. But I'm already developing Administration Panel 3, which has much more features and is better optimized and stable. :)

3. Offline

knuckles0315

@Lionhard I would love to use admin panel, but currently whenever it is installed it works in terms of what it is supposed to but none of the items are there, making it quite confusing.

Bump

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  4. Offline

knuckles0315

5. Offline

knuckles0315

6. Offline

knuckles0315

@essentialsteam maybe in your next update of the plugin this plugin request could be integrated as a new punishment system

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  7. Offline

knuckles0315

8. Offline

knuckles0315

9. Offline

Zahachos

@knuckles0315 this is a very interesting idea, I might make this, even though it won't be right now, I'll contact you if ever I've done anything in the next couple of days.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  10. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, I appreciate you following the bump rules, it's something we rarely see and is greatly appreciated. (24 hours)
    I am seriously interested in building this, and I love the amount of thought you've put into it, although I have absolutely no experience with dealing with the Bukkit chat system. I can always learn ;)

My one problem is the listing of previous infractions. Many servers use a custom plugin for infractions, and I cannot possibly plug in to every one of them and add them into this plugin. Would you be okay with just adding infractions through the plugin? Also, some of your perms do not make too much sense, I would have to change them, but they would have the same functions.

Here's the main thing though, I have a HUGE assignment for my AP programming class this month and will take a large chunk of my time which may slow the project drastically.
    Would you still like me to do it?

Ps, PunishmentHub sounds better

@Zahach, if you would like I can set up a Git for it and we can collaborate, but if you have intentions to do it alone I will step aside, no questions asked. You responded first, you have first dibs.

11. Offline

Zahachos

@Tecno_Wizard Sure! I hate working alone but the truth is... I've always worked alone until now haha

12. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Zahach, So have I. Lone wolf, lol, You know javadoc notation, correct? Also, I have no previous experience with the chat system, you might need to handle that.

13. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard I love your ideas and the naming seems fine to me. And my main intention was to have previous infractions listed through the plugin. Thanks! :)

14. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, we really began work on this yesterday. No idea on when it will be finished, but you can't rush quality.
    Rather not have tons of bugs to deal with later.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  15. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard Thank you very much. I am sure this will be very helpful to me and the minecraft community alike. Good luck on the plugin Tecno.

16. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, I have midterms coming up so not much is getting done, but both me and @Zahach have most of it planned out.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  17. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard This is no worry. Midterms ruin all our lives. I wish you luck. :)

GrandmaJam likes this.
  18. Offline

Solaris_88

19. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Solaris_88, the guy asked for some pretty specific setups that the plugin you have there doesn't have.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  20. Offline

Solaris_88

@Tecno_Wizard I just sent it because it was similar to what he was asking.

21. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Solaris_88, i understand, no harm done. Also, this is spigot based. I think that because this is the bukkit forums we were expecting bukkit. Lol

GrandmaJam likes this.
  22. Offline

knuckles0315

@Solaris_88 Solaris I like your plugin and I am actually the one who had started the conversations with you about suggestions etc. Since I needed some specifics that is partially why I came here. Also, I made this so I could hopefully help a lot of players with a cool really user friendly gui.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  23. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@knuckles0315, wanted to give you a status on development.
    The system to mute and ban players is up and running, but is not hooked into the rest of the plugin just yet.
    Infractions are ready to be added into the actual GUI any day now.

We do have one issue- positioning of the inventory.
    Originally you had stated that you wanted to use a double chest, but let's be honest, it's just too big.
    Would you want us to create a seperate tab for previous infractions ? That one could be a double chest while giving a cleaner look to the main page. Still no idea on when development will be done, i have mid terms next week but once they are over I should be able to bang this out pretty quick.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  24. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard Alright that is fine. Are mutes and bans able to be permanent and are there kicks and warns? I also assume EVERYTHING gets logged, and are all the severities able to be given one by one with perms? Sorry if this is too much. I hope you can get it done, and thank you for your help.

Tecno_Wizard and GrandmaJam like this.
  25. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

GrandmaJam likes this.
  26. Offline

knuckles0315

27. Offline

knuckles0315

Bump so people can look at the idea. THIS IS BEING DEVELOPED at the moment.

28. Offline

knuckles0315

@Tecno_Wizard I assume this is the week you are taking your tests. I wish you lots of luck and again thank you for the work you are putting into this.

29. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@knuckles0315 You can utilize my GUI if you know what I mean **slurp**

GrandmaJam likes this.
  30. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

If I had a screwed up mind, I might know what the heck you are talking about.

@knuckles0315, so Zahachos has been working on this mostly (with me saying over and over again not to do things to lag your server to hell), but I lost access to the repo and he isn't responding for the same reason as me, school stuff. I will try and get it back, then give you a full status update on the plugin. (Mute cool downs are an absolute pain when your partner wants the plugin to freeze every second to calculate it. This is why I take Java classes.)

GrandmaJam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.