Proximity Detector?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by waythm, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Offline

waythm

Heyo!

I tried finding something to do this, but was unfruitful. If there's already a plugin that does this that I'm unaware of, I would appreciate a point in the right direction :)

I'm looking for a pluging that functions as a proximity detector, providing power to redstone (ideally, via an input sign) when players are within X range of said input sign. I realize it could be done with lots of pressure plates and a wireless redstone plugin (or even just lots of normal redstone), but I'm looking for something a bit more elegant.

Giant thanks in advance for any help or tips.

2. Offline

Mrfence97

It is possible to do this however the centre block needs to be an entity to use the method that returns nearby entities

3. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

I think you could make an onPlayerMove Listener, and if their coords are within a certain distance to a particular sign, the sign could power redstone...?

But that would probably make a lot of lag, if there was a big list of signs to check for. Since it would have to check each sign location for each player every time they move...

Maybe just check if they're in the same chunk?

EDIT: I wanna make this but I have other things to do, like sleeping :(..

4. Offline

waythm

I'm not heartset on it being a sign that's used for the detector. If there's a different, less common blocktype (TNT, monster spawner, or cake, for example) I'm fine with that, t00. Whatever generates the least amount of lag.