Project Dependencies need to be more apparent

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Sleaker, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sleaker

Project Dependencies need to be at the top of the sidebar on the overview page, they are placed at the bottom and overlooked nearly everytime. Also Every download file link needs to have the project dependencies CLEARLY displayed automatically. So that people downloading the file understand where to get the dependencies without the plugin author needing to add a link every single time they re-upload a file.

In addition to this, it would be nice if you could set the dependencies from the main project setup page. Currently many projects which do have these relationships are not setting them well, so people people downloading their plugins can't easily tell what it might require due to project not being setup properly.

This should also be enforced for project approval (proper linkage of dependencies).

Don Redhorse and DrAgonmoray like this.
  2. Offline

DrAgonmoray

/support

3. Offline

Mayney

/support

will make things a lot easier for everyone

4. Offline

turt2live

To make the process faster on project-creation, I would kinda like to see a quick search option, so I can just type in part of a plugin, and click it. Kinda like how you can add "labels" to the leaky posts.

Of course I'd be happy to see a box telling me what I need.

(Since I kinda like rambling a bit...)

Possibly add a "download plugin + dependencies" button. All it would do is download the specified version of the plugin you want plus all the dependencies it requires in a nice little ZIP archive. For added support, allow plugin authors to specify specific versions of dependencies or "latest" to always get the latest ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.