Problems with PermissionsEX.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Eronair, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Eronair

Hey everyone, i hope I've posted this in the right place. :)

so... on my server, i have 30 ranks, and i want to add a donator rank using Ontime to handle the autoranking of the 30 other ranks. Now, when i add the donator rank using /pex user [username] group add [VIP] it adds the group, and suffix as it's supposed to.

However, when a player reaches the next rank, and Ontime runs the rank up using /pex user [username] group set [next rank] it removes the player from the VIP group, and the player would have to be added to the VIP group again.

Is there a way to work around this?

Regards
    Eronair

2. Offline

Commander_Lemy

I recommend you using Essentials Group Manger It makes much more sense and it is easier to config ;)

The Fancy Whale likes this.
  3. Offline

The Fancy Whale

Use subgroups and a separate plugin for prefixes

4. Offline

Eronair

Commander_Lemy

Does Group Manager support 2 groups running simultaniously?

The Fancy Whale

How is subgroups configured? and will that be using PEX or GM?

just googled it. I am using subgroups. :) however they are removed from that subgroup when they get ranked up, to the next rank with Ontime.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Offline

antares330

I handle multi ranks with just adding permissions, not an extra group, well just switching over to it :p
    I use betteralias to handle prefixs and just about to put in swappable prefixs in... so people can type ./pporkeater to get the porkeater prefix...
    Hope my work around helps :D
    ~Ant

6. Offline

JaguarJo

Eronair Does OnTime allow you to configure which command you're using to rank people up? *I think* if you have your ranking ladder defined separately from the VIP group, you can use /pex promote <user> <ladder> and it should just move their ladder rank without touching the subgroup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.