Plugin Help Problem With 1.8 Name Changes

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by josephflan, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

josephflan

I'm not too sure if anyone else is having the same issue but I am a owner of a server and after just changing my username it treats me as a new player. It broadcasts the welcome message (as part of essentials) and puts me back into the default group. I have witnessed Essentials do its UUID conversion during our 1.8 server update so this one's leaving me puzzled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

-josephflan

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@josephflan Make sure you're using the absolute newest release of essentials. This isn't necessarily the one that you get when clicking "download" on DBO. Look in the file history (scroll down a bit, bottom right), then choose the one for 1.8.

3. @josephflan Are you sure essentials updated to UUID? Anyways, all it does is give you the starter kit as well as broadcasting your name.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@NoobyServerOwner Yes, Essentials updated to UUID. He said it in his post. And I'm not sure of the significance of your second sentence. You are being a very nooby server owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.