Private Chests

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Bizeax, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bizeax

2. Offline

Caderape2

@Bizeax What do you mean by it won't work ? what message do you have ?
    Did you put 'myself' or your nickname ?
    For me it works well.

3. Offline

Bizeax

When I set the chest, I would put the items in the chest then I would /pc view (my minecraft name)
    And it says this player doesn't have a enderchest or something like that.
    SCREENSHOT: click here

4. Offline

Caderape2

@Bizeax ok
    When you set the chest, and try to open the chest, this will open an inventory called Enderchest. do you have it ?
    After you set the chest, a file called data.yml with the chest location is created. do you have it too ?
    The first time you open your enderchest, a file will be created in your datafolder/chests/uuid.yml.

5. Offline

Bizeax

Atm I am not home, so when I com back I will test it.

No I do no have the inventory named "Enderchest", also no file has been created/added in the data.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  6. Offline

Caderape2

@Bizeax What is your bukkit version ? i did it for 1.11, taht might be the problem. I'm checking the off hand and for anterior version, this doesn't exist.

7. Offline

Bizeax

My server is 1.8 spigot and above

8. Offline

Caderape2

@Bizeax Okay, i will modify it.
    @Bizeax i updated the main link. I cannot test in 1.8, so you will have to do it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  9. Offline

Bizeax

Okay gimme some time and I will respond to you.

Works! But I want you to fix 1 thing that I noticed, when I view my enderchest, the items change places, so please can you try fixing this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Bizeax

Can you please list me all the permissions for the plugin.

11. Offline

Caderape2

@Bizeax
    The problem is the inventory size is not static. It depends of permissions, and if a player has the vip permission, so a larger chest than normal, what when he lost his permission. We have to resize the chest. It's why i did it like that.
    that would be more complicated to check everytime a chest open if the length of the contents have to be resized.

All the permissions are in the config.yml

Another point i might modify but that would rewrite half of the plugin.
    How it work. When you open your chest, or a admin open a player chest, it will load contents from a file, and then the inventory is saved to the file when the inventory is closed.

A problem that can occur, it's when an admin open a player enderchest while this player is viewing his enderchest, the contents can be overriden if the admin close the chest after the player.

@Bizeax I updated the main link.
    Now inventories are synchronized and no matter if many people looking at it.
    I also fixed the items change place. It will only change when the inventory size will not be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.