Plugin Help Prison protection

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by MiniKemp, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MiniKemp

My Prison is Going up in a month to the public , i have cells, but i need to protect the cell structure, but still allow a certain player to open chests in THEIR Cell, its a difficlut Question, but im hoping someone with advanced knowledge is sat at the other side of there keyboard and can help me! :D Thanks in Advance! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  2. Offline

nlthijs48

@MiniKemp A setup that a lot of prisons use is WorldGuard with a cell management plugin. I would recommend my own plugin AreaShop for the cell management, you can easily setup a lot of cells with it (including creating the WorldGuard regions, check the "/as stack" command) and it is easy for players to use.

Of course there are alternatives to AreaShop, so you can also check some other plugins too see what is out there.

If you need any help with AreaShop then just tell me.

MiniKemp likes this.
  3. Offline

MiniKemp

I can use world Guard, i got Prison Cells, And Worldguard, and you click on the sighn , confirm selection, i could take out prison cells, would be great if you could give me a guide? Thankyou! @nlthijs48

4. Offline

nlthijs48

What exactly do you want a guide for? A lot of information is already available on the wiki of AreaShop, so that should be a good start. For setting up a large number of prison cells you for sure want to checkout the '/as stack' and '/as linksigns' commands, because those will save you a lot of time. For the confirming thing you mentioned you can check this FAQ entry: How do I require players to confirm that they want to rent/unrent/buy/sell their region?

If you have any specific questions let me know.

MiniKemp likes this.
  5. Offline

MiniKemp

Hey, thanks for the responce, so, i mhave amde 300 Cells, and i want all of them to be 1000$ each,
    and i went through 1 of Videos on cells on the bukkit page, and when i place a sign it dissapears, but when i place the one like in the video (Video 2 on the pluggin page) It Does Nothing or Dispaeres. Any Help?

6. Offline

nlthijs48

If you want to create WorldGuard regions and add them to AreaShop then you are better off using '/as stack' instead adding them one-by-one with signs as shown in the video. Since signs should not disappear when you add a region to AreaShop, what message does AreaShop show when you do that? What does '/as info region <region>' indicate about the region?

7. Offline

MiniKemp

When i do that command, it says Price to rent: 100$ per 1 day, - thats ok
    LandLord: UNKNOWN (recives the money)
    Teleport location not set
    Thats all it says^^
    Thanky

8. Offline

nlthijs48

That is all correct, then the region is added correctly to AreaShop (the landlord <UNKNOWN> thing is a bug which I just fixed this morning). Then the only problem is that the sign disappears, can you send me your config.yml and default.yml files (use pastebin.com)?

9. Offline

MiniKemp

10. Offline

nlthijs48

You have a couple problems in your config.yml file. One of them is that it is not valid YAML, therefore the config does not load at all. The following problems are in it:
    1. The variable '%Per Day%' is used in the 'forrent' section of the signprofile, which is not a valid variable, I think you just meant to have the text 'Per Day' instead of a variable, so you can just remove the percentages.
    2. There is an '%timelft%' variable in the 'rented' section of the signprofile, which is a misspelling of '%timeleft%'.
    3. Inside the 'forrent' section of 'flagProfiles' there is a line with 'members: -%player%', this is invalid, if you just want to remove the member then use this: members: '' like in the 'forsale' section.
    4. Inside the 'rented' section of 'flagProfiles' there are multiple problems:
      1. The 'members:' line is missing a closing quote behind the %player% variable.
      2. The greeting uses the variable '%duration%', that variable does not indicate how long the region is rented for, but only indicates the default renting period. Use %until% or %untilshort% for the end time/date (%timeleft% does not work here, that is only updated periodically when it is placed on a sign).
      3. The flag 'chest-accsess' is spelled incorrectly, it should be 'chest-access', and it should be set to 'deny g:non_members' (with the quotes) to function properly (assuming you want only members of the region to be able to open chests).
      4. The flag 'use' should be set to 'deny' (including the quotes).
    I have improved the handling of failed file loading for the next version of AreaShop, which will make sure that the plugin will go into 'startup error'-mode if the config.yml or default.yml is loaded incorrectly (GitHub commit). That will better direct users to check their log for errors instead of acting like everything is working fine while it is not.

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

11. Offline

MiniKemp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.