Question Ports

Discussion in 'General Help' started by SlickSlender, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SlickSlender

I've been having this issue with port forwarding. Yes, I know, you see these every single day. I've went through tutorials, and for some reason my router wasn't letting me port forward. The weird thing is that I used to have 25565 port opened on my router a long time ago when I hosted a server. Now, about 3 months later, the port isn't working. I used the plugin AutoPortForward to port forward the 25565 port, but it didn't work. So, I changed my query port to 25566 thinking it was the server port (on accident) and somehow 25566 is open. So, if you fell behind in that, my server-port in my server properties is set to 25565, while my query port is set to 25566, and 25566 is now open. This means I can connect to my server fine with (my ip):25566.

From this, I am wondering if there is way to get 25565 open? I tried changing the query port to 25565 and the server port to 25566, which didn't work. I also tried setting both to 25565, which obviously hadn't worked.
    Any help is appreciated!

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

You may be able to contact your internet provider to get help with opening the 25565 port.

3. Offline

nbrandwine

What's your router? make, model, etc.

4. Offline

Rock_Cam12

As @nbrandwine has said, that will helps us, also what ISP (Internet Service Provider) do you have? Comcast, TWC, etc?

5. Offline

MOTDgd

What type of server are you using - cloud, VPS, Dedicated or local host?

6. Offline

Lolmewn

Local, duhh :p

7. Offline

MOTDgd

hahaha thanks for taking that post in good humour ;) I wish you good luck with it, I am not technically minded with port forwarding as you probably gathered here (for a local host).

8. Offline

nbrandwine

I could help with port forwarding if needed, OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.