Portal Realm Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ThunderDragon32, May 5, 2014.

1. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Plugin category: Role Playing, Teleportation

Suggested name: Portal Realm

What I want: I would like this like Dungeon Realms on Minecade. They made a custom plugin which I would like to have on my server. I know they are not going to give it and I have tried to create this... This is pretty much what is it you get an Nether Star with this you can create a realm portal (2 nether frames). To open the Realm portal you right click the ground. Any player can go in your realm while its open you can't close it inside. Only you and other players you want may build. To let a player build in your realm you sneak Left-Click the player with the Nether star (You need command to get this Nether Star). A Realm is like a skyblock area yet bigger (17x17).

I would like to see this In one world yet each one not close to each other.

Link to Website for more info http://dungeonrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Owned_Realms

Ideas for commands: /realm (title) - Is used to set the title of your realm
    /Realm Portal get - To get a Nether Star used to create Realms

Ideas for permissions: PortalRealm.title
    PortalRealm.get

When I'd like it by: Soon as possible!

2. Offline

DotDash

The thing is, this can generate a whole lot of lag if you don't have a higher-end server machine.

3. Offline

ThunderDragon32

I think my server can handle it. :)

4. Offline

Dimentio099

If I can add a small suggestion, why not have all realms in one world to economize RAM, so less worlds need to be used?

Anyway, nice idea.

5. Offline

ThunderDragon32

6. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Bump. Anyone I need this for my server badly. :(

7. ThunderDragon32
    I actually created this a while back, but unfortunately for some reason, it was causing my server to crash. I'll look into it later and see if I find a solution.

8. Offline

ThunderDragon32

9. ThunderDragon32
    I tried a different route this time. Instead of populating a new world each time, I just copy a default world which is generated on server startup. Unfortunately, I am unable to test this because "Access is denied" when I try to copy a file using an application.

The plugin isn't finished yet by any means, I just need you to test if a world is generated with your name. Download (and source of the world generator if anyone notices any problems). The portal is created, but acts as a normal nether portal so don't bother going in.

To get the star, any of these commands work
    • playerrealms get
    • playerrealms portal
    • playersrealms getportal
    and you can also use "pr" as an alias of "playerrealms".

A world called "prDefWorld" should be generated on startup.

10. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Assist When I started up the server world prDefWorld was created. But when you mean "I just need you to test if a world is generated with your name." Do you mean a world with my Name should be created? Because there was no world created with my name ThunderDragon32.

11. ThunderDragon32
    Oh, sorry. I need you to test if the realm (world) is generated when you use the star. Use any of the commands showed above to acquire the star, then click a block with it. It either should generate a world named whatever your in-game name is, or the throw a FileNotFoundException in the console. For example, if Notch used the star, it should generate a world called "Notch".

Edit: Preferably click ground, not a wall. I forgot to check something before creating the portal.

12. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Assist
    When I used the star it took me to the nether. I looked in the files didn't see any world Named ThunderDragon32
    In the console this is what I saw it repeated aleast 4 times.

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\prDefWorld (Access is denied)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at com.google.common.io.Files$1.getInput(Files.java:100)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at com.google.common.io.Files$1.getInput(Files.java:97)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at com.google.common.io.ByteStreams.copy(ByteStreams.java:116)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at com.google.common.io.Files.copy(Files.java:231)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at com.google.common.io.Files.copy(Files.java:277)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at me.assist.playerrealms.realm.RealmCreator.generateRealm(RealmCreator.java:29)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at me.assist.playerrealms.events.PlayerInteractListener.onPlayerInteract(PlayerInteractListener.java:45)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:292)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:501)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:486)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:195)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PlayerInteractManager.interact(PlayerInteractManager.java:374)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:628)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PacketPlayInBlockPlace.a(SourceFile:60)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PacketPlayInBlockPlace.handle(SourceFile:9)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:146)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ServerConnection.c(SourceFile:134)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:655)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedServer.u(DedicatedServer.java:250)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:545)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

12:38:42 PM [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:617)

13. ThunderDragon32
    Hmm, I got the same error. I'll have to think of something else then. By the way, I did say that the portal acts as a normal nether portal.

14. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Assist
    Ik I just for someone reason said it again xD

15. Offline

ThunderDragon32

16. Offline

Onlineids

why just why

17. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Onlineids I need the plugin for my server that's why.

18. Offline

Onlineids

I was talking about the "fist bump"

19. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Onlineids when I fist bump I bump the post.
    So others can see it

20. Offline

Onlineids

.............Nvm

21. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Assist Hey are you still working on this?

22. ThunderDragon32
    I haven't had time due to school, would probably be better if someone else did this instead. I'll try to work on it whenever I can, I'm still trying to think of a better way to create the realms.

23. Offline

ThunderDragon32

Assist You could have it in the same world yet everyone not close. Like skyblock

Bump... could please someone help on this I really need this for my server...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  24. Offline

reider45

It doesn't seem that complicated. I'll research it and then get back to you.

25. Offline

EnderTroll68

What makes servers popular is using original stuff, not recreating popular servers

26. Offline

ThunderDragon32

EnderTroll68 well sry i like the plugin and would love it on my server.

27. Offline

wowzersam

Assist ThunderDragon32 An idea would be to use uSkyBlock, and when a player enters a "Realm Portal" it generates the island with whatever schematic you want.

28. Offline

ThunderDragon32

wowzersam No clue how to do that also I want it to be like when you use a Nether Star it takes you to your Realm or island but I want it (17x17) also when you go in the portal stays there till you leave your realm.

29. Offline

wowzersam

ThunderDragon32 That is simple, and can be done with Craftbook and uSkyBlock. Bind the command /island to nether stars (with whatever name you want), and customize the schematic.

30. Offline

ThunderDragon32

wowzersam what if I want the nether star used to make the realm portal craftable or able to get with a simple command?