Filled Points Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Cam6304, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cam6304

Plugin category: Wizarding World Roleplay

Minecraft version: 1.15.2

Suggested name: TNHousePoints

What I want: I'd like to request a plugin similar to many house points plugins out there for Harry Potter servers; however, none that I have seen have never necessarily met my needs. This may be hard for me to explain, but bare with me, haha. I'd like a configurable points plugin so you can add points or even take points from specific houses. Different from Harry Potter, I would like the plugin for you to be able to add as many houses for points as possible in the configuration, so there is no limit to your imagination!

As said, this is different from other points plugins in the way that I'd like a way to request house points. Let me elaborate: if a player with the permission points.request does "/points request LookItsDan Gryffindor 5 an outstanding assignment!" then it'll say &8[&ePoints&8] &6You have successfully submitted a house point request. To every staff member online with the permission points.staff, they'll see &8[&ePoints&8] &aArl_ has requested 5 points for Gryffindor. Then, a person with the permission points.admin can do /points and open up a GUI to display the requester's in-game head and once you hover over the head it'll say IGN: (IGN) on one line, then House: (HOUSE) on the next line, then AMOUNT: (#), then finally on the final line Reason: (REASON). If you click on the head, you can click the green terracotta to approve of the points or click the red terracotta to deny the points.

Once again, staff members with the permission points.staff will see this message: &8[&ePoints&8] &aArl_ has approved 5 points for Gryffindor. The players (no permission is needed to see the following message) will see an ESSENTIALS BROADCASTED MESSAGE: &6Arl_ has given 5 points to LookItsDan (Gryffindor) for an outstanding assignment!

If the points are denied, then it'll say: &8[&ePoints&8] &aArl_ has rejected 5 points for Gryffindor.

However, there's a catch- players with the permission points.admin will instantly approve their own points just by requesting them as they have the authority and should be fine when requesting the points.

It'd also be cool if you could link the house point amounts with NPCs using the citizens plugin by just titling the NPC the house name and then linking it in some way with the plugin amount for the points. If that's not possible, it's totally fine!

This should be configurable for the time - for those with points.staff, they should be able to see a message like this in chat every X minutes: &8[&ePoints&8] &aThere are currently &dx &ahouse point requests pending. So, every 15 minutes FOR EXAMPLE, a staff member with the permission points.staff would be able to see that message, alerting that 2 house point requests are pending and haven't been viewed yet, so they can notify those with points.admin to approve or reject of them soon.

Additionally, there should be a /points reset feature to reset all of the points in every house. Only those with points.admin should be able to reset the points & you should have to do it twice to confirm that you want to do it. When reset, it should say to those with points.staff: &8[&ePoints&8] &aArl_ has reset all house points.

Ideas for commands:
    - /housepoints - Displays all of the house point amounts in the chat for the player with specific assigned color codes for each house name
    - /points - Opens the GUI for those with the permission points.admin to see the open requests
    - /points help - Help text for plugin, points.help permission
    - /points request IGN HOUSE AMT REASON - requests house points, only those with points.request
    - /points reset - should have a mandatory confirm after you to it to do the command again to reset ALL house points; should only be for those with points.admin

Ideas for permissions:
    - points.staff - can see the request and approved/rejected messages in chat and open points requests
    - points.help - permission to do /points help
    - points.admin - can do everything in plugin, approve/reject requests, view GUI for requests, etc.
    - points.request - lets a staff member request the house points

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible! This may be a bit complex, so take your time if you're taking on this project - I appreciate you! <3 :)

2. Offline

vx12

Gonna start with this and will be done soon. Gonna tell you as soon as it's ready for testing!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2020
    Cam6304 likes this.
  3. Offline

Cam6304

@vx12 Thank you so much! Take your time, no rush. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.