Development Assistance Plugin.yml is being ignored?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by jvjv88, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jvjv88

entering commands in game gets the command sent back to me. For example, /jvjv88 returns /jvjv88 and nothing else.
    Bukkit says my jar doesn't exist but it still generates errors from it. For example, I get errors pertaining to events not being handled properly, even though I get this message as well.
    Code:
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:152) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:369) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:152) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1604]
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml
    So, I know the plugin.yml IS being loaded. Commands are just returned to me, and the plugin still generates errors.

2. Offline

Gater12

3. Offline

TheDiamond06

@Gater12 Show us your plugin.yml. We cannot help you without giving us the correct code. Since the stack trace says Invalid plugin.yml, check your plugin.yml

Do you have:
    1.) name
    2.) path to main
    3.) version
    4.) description
    5.) commands

You need to make sure that the variables are NOT uppercased. Also you need to make sure your path to main is the package plus your main classname.

Your command formatting could be wrong, look at this example:

Code:
    commands:
      cmd:
         description: blab bla bla bla

4. Offline

jvjv88

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

6. Offline

stefvanschie

Can we see your code? Maybe something there causes you're plugin.yml to crash or something.

7. Offline

TheDiamond06

@jvjv88 Is your plugin yml in the dev directory?

8. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@jvjv88 I would say that your plugin.yml is most likely in the wrong spot. The file should be directly in the Java Project, not inside a package. If that's not it, I have no idea what's wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.