plugin not working

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by smurfexe, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

smurfexe

hi, im new to java so i tried to make a simple plugin that sends text in chat at random times now i fixed all errors but it still doenst work can someone tell me what im doing wrong? i attached 2 screenshots

Attached Files:

2. Offline

CageyDinosaur

Did you code that while following a tutorial? Because I don't know if that would work even it was bug free. I would create a Runnable and then inside that make a random number generator and if statements. No need to have a sleep because you can adjust the time with Runnables.

Disclaimer: I do not know if your code has an error, it is just different than what I am used to. I have been making plugins for four months, therefore I do not know that much. So do not take any of my critisism seriously.

3. Offline

Strahan

Never never never use sleep in a Minecraft plugin. It will seize up the entire server. You need to use a runnable as mentioned prior.

Also why are you creating that Conf class in your main class then also having a separate class file for it? The separate class file is the right way, remove that embedded class version. Also I do not see anywhere in your code that you actually use it.

You should scrap all that and start over, after reading about runnables... and reading about Java in general ;)

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@smurfexe You can't have 2 classes extending JavaPlugin

5. Offline

smurfexe

made it a runnable and it works thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.