Plugin navigation bar gone

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Vikestart, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vikestart

The navigation bar at the plugin pages is gone. There's no longer the tickets, forum, pages etc. links above the plugin page. This makes it really hard to navigate.

It has been like this since yesterday, what's going on?

2. Offline

lukegb

Disable AdBlock. For some reason, which I'm not going to debug, AdBlock breaks the page layout.

3. Offline

Vikestart

Thank you :)

4. Offline

Snowybearr

lukegb I had no idea Bukkit even had ads, I got adblocker because YouTube became ridiculous, can't watch anything without watching a 3 minute ad first. I feel sort of bad now, I've used this free project forever, and I've been blocking ads all this time. Disabled on Bukkit forums and dev page now. <3

Deleted user likes this.
  5. Offline

lukegb

It's actually fairly new - there's a post about it somewhere (here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/supporting-our-bukkitdev-service-and-the-bukkit-project.123434)

6. Offline

Vikestart

It doesn't really matter whether you allow ads or not. The thing that matters is if you actually click the ads. Thus, if you never click on ads, you might as well just hide them.

7. Offline

TnT

Depends on the ad provider actually. Some pay for clicks. Some pay for views. Some pay for both at different rates.

8. Offline

Snowybearr

lukegb Well I have them enabled now, sorry for being unsupportive!

Vikestart Not totally true, as TnT said. Like Google Adsense, the for sure most used ad handler, you get money for people just seeing the ad, and then money for actually clicking on it. The difference between a click and a view is insane, but for a site like Bukkit that could get potentially thousands of views a day, I'm sure that money adds up.

Same for YouTube, I have a partnered channel, and I get money for people just watching more then 10 seconds of my video, but a lot of people use Ad Blocker Plus, so my monthly views usually look something like 250,000 views this month, 100,000 views monetizable. So I lose a lot of money to it, but I can't complain because I use it too, YouTube has way to many ads these days, I find it almost unusable without Ad Block. It's fine though, I still get like 200 bucks a month from it, for doing something I do when I'm bored lol, but that's OT.

9. Offline

lukegb

No worries! I find some adverts (in general) really really obtrusive, but my AdBlock install is set to whitelist by default, so I just block ad providers that I dislike. I'm still somewhat irritated that some of the ads are Flash, regardless of whether you have Flash turned on (I don't, because Flash sucks :/) but I get by on Bukkit at least.

10. Offline

Snowybearr

lukegb Yeah I hear ya, I hate those ads that when your scrolling down a page, and they are Flash based, and if you even slightly mouse over them it has some 'slide out' feature where the ad gets bigger, or a video starts playing, so annoying. It's funny because I remember when Flash was new, and it was being called the next 'big thing' and flopped hard, and these days it's used for nothing more then some fancy & annoying advertisements. Lol.

zack6849 likes this.
  11. Offline

Vikestart

I have found a way around this so I can still navigate BukkitDev with AdBlock activated, but for the sake of showing some support I am not going to mention how and I am going to leave AdBlock deactived at BukkitDev :)

12. Offline

dark_hunter

I don't know about you, but I solved the problem by signing in.

13. Offline

RiotShielder

Bukkit has ads? Gonna add this site to my whitelist :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.