Filled Plugin Manager GUI (Easy Plug)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by reuben1233, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

reuben1233

Plugin category: Developer tools

Suggested Name: Easy Plug

What I want: I would like to see a GUI opened by a command that lets you easily manage plugins.

e.g. disabling and enabling plugins, and reloading plugins, also if it is possible here are some optional features, installing and removing plugins and changing the config of plugins.

Ideas for commands: /ep - opens GUI

Ideas for permissions: ep.open

When I'd like it: Though it would be good to have it soon, I would not stress if it took a while.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Offline

weasel1453

Im fairly certain that it is entirely impossible to install a plugin from within minecraft.

3. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@weasel1453
    It is very possible.
    All you need is the slug or the id.

@reuben1233
    Please remove the "Easy" from your title.
    You cannot really judge the difficulty if you can't code yourself.
    And this is definitely not the easiest thing in the world.
    Not the hardest, but I'd say above average.

4. Offline

weasel1453

@mrCookieSlime
    Can you access files outside your plugins data folder though? Or would the thing just have to register every plugin installed through it manually on every enable?

I have no intention of making this plugin btw don't want to get your hopes up @reuben1233

5. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@weasel1453
    Of course you can.
    The File() constructor path is relative to the Server folder so that you could load the Plugin in by just doing
    plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().loadPlugin(new File("plugins/PluginJar.jar"));

Downloading the actual Plugin is something more complicated though, but still achievable.
    Most of my Plugins for example download my external Library Plugin if it was not found.
    However this is also a bit easier since I know the ID of my Project.
    To download and install a Plugin you don't know about, youd need the slug to be provided, or ideally the ID.

6. Offline

teej107

Also editing files easily within Minecraft while maintaining its format may be a bit tricky. The best way I can think of is using a written book. This plugin would not be allowed on BukkitDev since it could download other plugins.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  7. Offline

reuben1233

By easy I mean it is easy to manage the plugins via a GUI

8. Offline

weasel1453

@mrCookieSlime
    I haven't done anything with file operations besides just saving and loading single files, so thats good info to have for future reference, thanks.

9. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Indeed, the best way I could think of is to loop through the keys of a config file and display them in a fancy looking chat output and maybe /tellraw to edit them. So that way the User isnt even able to mess around with the format, all he could do is change some values, there not much that can go wrong there then.
    However such things are always a hassle and
    @reuben1233 I'd suggest you to make a compromise here and renounce the ingame config feature.

@weasel1453 No problem.

10. Offline

reuben1233

@mrCookieSlime I can see where you are coming from, which is why I listed it as an optional feature.

11. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Eh, why do I just feel a bit watched? xD

There is no rule that states so.
    In fact there are already several Plugins out there which does that. After all, downloading other Plugins is nothing malicious since Curse checks all incoming files.

12. Offline

reuben1233

13. Offline

teej107

Ah. Yeah after quick look of the BukkitDev rules, you can't download anything outside of BukkitDev.

mrCookieSlime likes this.
  14. Offline

ChickenCode

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  15. Offline

au2001

16. Offline

reuben1233

Thanks for the help guys I think I might just use these plugins, who knows maybe I will be able to use chest commands to make 1 GUI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.