Plugin Files show wrong CB Version

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Sleaker, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sleaker

Plugin files should always show the latest CB version they are compatible with on the file list sidebar (to the right of the overview page) - it seems as if they are arbitrarily sorting which one to show rather that showing the latest version (or possibly only showing an RB if it's selected).

This is causing me to get unnecessary PMs, 'UPDATE YOUR PLUGIN PL0X' cause users don't understand that you can click the file to see ALL versions it's compatible with.

2. Offline

chaseoes

They show in order of the last file you uploaded.. I don't see why you would release an update made for a CB older than the one your last release was made for? They should be downloading the latest version of your plugin..

And it does show the version:
    [​IMG]

3. Offline

Sleaker

Vault overview shows:
    R: Vault 1.2.13 for CB 1.1-R8 Mar 15, 2012
    R: Vault 1.2.12 for CB 1.1-R7 Mar 01, 2012

Vault Files List shows:
    Vault 1.2.13 Release Semi-normal Mar 15, 2012 CB 1.1-R8CB 1.2.3-R0.2CB 1.2.3-R0.1 Vault.jar 41,846
    Vault 1.2.12 Release Semi-normal Mar 01, 2012 CB 1.1-R7CB 1.2.3-R0.1CB 1.1-R6 Vault.jar 43,349

as you can see, I've tagged them as compatible for more than 1 version, Curse is not choosing the most recent version to display on the plugin overview page properly. It should display the most recent CB I've tagged it as compatible for, not the 1st one on the list.

People ask me if my plugin is compatible with older and newer (beta) versions. so I tag it as compatible with multiple versions.

4. Offline

TnT

Sleaker
    I saw the same thing, I just update my project to reflect the latest build it works on, and leave my previous files at the latest build they worked on. I also make sure I update my files when a new release comes out to reflect the latest version they work with.

However, I agree, it would be nice to see the order it was displayed in reversed, so one could set ALL versions of CB their file works for, instead of just the latest one to avoid confusion.

5. Offline

Sleaker

TnT - I do this too but if I only mark 1 as active people start using that version with previous incompatible CB versions. So I'm trying to combat both of these. I try to explicitly mark the versions it will work on (not just one) that way when it actually shows what versions the plugin will work with instead of people needing to ask the same question. I guess the issue is more just lazy users not reading everything fully, but if this is how people use dbo I'd think it'd be more beneficial to not even show what versions it works on in the overview page and force them to click the link to see the version compatibilities.

It would also be nice to be able to tag more than 3 CB versions now that Beta's have been added to the list, but that's a whole seperate request I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.