Plugin Dev Needed! - HG Kit Selector

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Zombac0rn, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Offline

Zombac0rn

Plugin category: Bonus to HG

Suggested name: KitHG

What I want: I would like a plugin that when a player joins my survival games they get and OnPlayerJoin diamond (can be any block u want) that pulls up a selection menu (like opening a chest) where you can see the kit image and if you purchased it or not. (I will give then permission to every kit they purchased or default start with) When they click on a kit they own then they lose the diamond and receive the stuff in that kit.
    That is really all it does.

Also if they don't pick a kit can you make it so they get a random kit they own!

Ideas for commands: No commands besides clicking on the kit they want

Ideas for permissions: kit.tank kit.spy kit.ninja etc.

can u make it so inside the plugin can I customize the kit's image/block, what it has in the kit itself, and make additional kits?

When I'd like it by: I am planing on releaseing the server in about 15 days with 5 - 10 100 block domes all custom made by me and my build team. so any time in the next 10 days would be great!!Q

2. Offline

xepisolonxx

3. Offline

Zombac0rn

xepisolonxx All I need is the kit chooser. that lets u chose kits in game and lets me edit what the kits have in them.

Hope that helps!

The link was cool but i want the kit choser and to be able to make my own kits.

4. Offline

xepisolonxx

5. Offline

Zombac0rn

Also a good link but I am gonna use this custom plugin for my server. I am trying to get someone to make for original survival games so I can use it in my server. And you still cant pick the kit form a GUI diamond thing.

xepisolonxx Can u Build this plugin? If u cant do u know someone who can?

6. Offline

xepisolonxx

I can build it but it will take a while and i have no time sorry :( school.

7. Offline

Zombac0rn

Dang :(

xepisolonxx Do you know someone who can and has the time?

That would be highly appreciated.

8. Offline

xepisolonxx

Its not possible to make it if you dont pick a kit to choose a random kit you own because then it will give you random kit everytime. It will do this becuase it does not know if game has started. Also for choosing kit its the same way only way to get pass this is give them there items right when they pick it.

9. Offline

AndyMcB1

When the inventory is opened - if they close it without picking anything (EASY TO DO) - give them a random kit.

10. Offline

xepisolonxx

But what if they accidently close it? Simple solution a command.

11. Offline

AndyMcB1

if(HasGameStarted){
    for each player
    player.setKit(getKit(random);
    }

12. Offline

xepisolonxx

He is only asking for kit selector

13. Offline

AndyMcB1

OK so let them change it forever. If they accidently close out let them open it back up

14. Offline

xepisolonxx

Please change your post from kit gui to something like kits and kit selector becuase how would you give them the by clicking the item? Also how would you know when game started to give them items. Theres is lots of bugs and etc that can go wrong.

This is also your third time with this post. :([diamond]

15. Offline

Zombac0rn

xepisolonxx it is ok if the don't get a random kit all i need is the kit selector that they can only pick kits they own.

AndyMcB1 The random kit part would be nice but i care about the fact they can only pick kits they have permission to. Because what if they ckilk on a kit they dont have and the diamond closes and they dont get a kit?

PS you seem to know a lot about this so is it possible for you to make this plugin?

16. Offline

AndyMcB1

Zombac0rn Send them a message - or give them a random one if they don't select it.

I don't know how to work with configs nor custom inventories.

17. Offline

Zombac0rn

AndyMcB1 It dosent use a custom inventory when they join an arena they get an OnPlayerJoin Diamond.

And if you cant build this do you know someone who does because my server revolves around this because it it a kit hunger games server.

18. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Patience, this isn't even posted 48 hours before, just wait for somebody to respond that has the time to make this

AndyMcB1 likes this.
  19. Offline

AndyMcB1

But it pulls up a custom inventory.. I can make you a plugin where PlayerJoinEvent they get a MATERIAL.DIAMOND_BLOCK

20. Offline

Zombac0rn

MayoDwarf do u think you could do this because you are really good at stuff like this?

21. Offline

MayoDwarf

Tag Cryices

22. Offline

Cryices

23. Offline

Zombac0rn

Cryices that would would work if I could give each player an on player join Diamond (or compas whatever you want) and from that diamond it brings up a custom inventory that you can pick kits from there and get the one you clicked on.

Could you be able to build that?

24. Offline

MayoDwarf

He isn't at my knowledge of Java :p

25. Offline

Zombac0rn

MayoDwarf Thanks could you or someone else you know do it?

26. Offline

MayoDwarf

No, I am very busy and I doubt anyone would be willing to do this with all the hg plugins out there already...

27. Offline

Zombac0rn

i am not asking anyone to make a whole hg plugin. all i want is a mini plugin that has a kit selector and works with survival games x (or any other hg plugin)

28. Offline

AndyMcB1

Zombac0rn How do you expect us to implement it with another HG plugin?

29. Offline

Zombac0rn

AndyMcB1 I dont know anything about code.
    But what i think i mean is that OnPlayerJoin they get a special block that on right click opens up a custom inventory that you can pick a class from when you pick the class you get the stuff and lose the kit selector.

if u want an example go on supercraftbros ip= 11.cbga.me they use something like it for their mini game.

30. Offline

AndyMcB1

OnPlayerJoin isn't an event... it's PlayerJoinEvent