Solved Players moving too quickly

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rogi, Aug 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rogi

I am working on a project in which players are riding on ArmorStands which are moving slowly (.1 blocks/s).
    It works exactly as intended for ~20 seconds, but then it teleports players back to the ground and says "XXXXX moved too quickly! ..."

It is my understanding that this might happen if a player's velocity is set too high by the server, but why would this happen if the player is riding something with a velocity so slow?

Any ideas appreciated.

Edit:
    The issue appears to be that the player's location is not being updated server side. Movement appears client side as the player rides the armor stand, but server side the location is unchanging. This is why is suggests that they have moved too quickly - once they move far away enough, it thinks the player has moved immediately from one point to another.

Curious as to why the location of the player is not being updated if they are riding an entity. Any solutions appreciated!

Edit 2:
    I found a workaround for it. Depending on what version you may be using, vehicles do not have support for more than one entity riding them. Trying to have more than one player riding one armor stand will start to do some wonky things. What I did was create an armor stand for each player individually. This keeps everything working as intended - properly updating each players' new position server-side.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.