Player Out Too Far, Crashing Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sackboy_lbp, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Hey guys. I have a player on my server that went out really far and crashed the server. I put it back up and it was fine, so I wasn't all that concerned. Then later that day I noticed my server was down again! I knew something was seriously wrong, since my server has never ever crashed since I have had it. And now it has crashed twice in a day. Eventually I found out that one of my players was crashing the server every time he logged on. He was atleast 10k or more blocks out in the plotworld (PlotMe). I was wondering if there is any way of resetting him back to spawn, or his data or something? I don't want to have to ban him unless my server is on the line. I still want him to be able to play. Can I teleport him while he is offline or something? I was just wondering if there was anyway to do so, that's all. Then I'll be sure to get WorldBorder xD

Can I remove their (name).dat files?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

Bobcat00

If you do that, he'll lose his inventory (may not be a problem if you're using Multiverse-Inventories). You can edit the NBT data with something like NBTExplorer and relocate him to anyplace you want.

But post the crash report. Most likely you have a corrupt chunk, and you'll want to try to fix it or delete it.

Going out 10k blocks shouldn't be a problem. I have players out at 100k blocks.

3. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Bobcat00 Here is the crash report: http://pastebin.com/ftfpRrGn

4. Offline

Bobcat00

This has nothing to do with players going too far out. It's a bug in the outdated version of CraftBukkit you are running. Update to the most recent beta version (3092).

I also noticed that several of your plugins are out of date and may not be compatible with 1.7.9. I suggest you check each of your plugins and update them as necessary.

5. Offline

imbosslol2414

Ya make sure your server has all up to date plugins and version of craftbukkit or your server will run into errors such as the one you are currently having.

6. Offline

sackboy_lbp

imbosslol2414 Bobcat00 I will make sure all of my plugins are up to date, but I think I found the problem. The player logged on with his alt and told me someone had spawned a bunch of ender crystals and they were exploding like crazy:

1. at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:851)
    2. at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.EntityEnderCrystal.damageEntity(EntityEnderCrystal.java:78)
    So whenever he logs in OR the person who spawned in a bunch of ender crystals, the server crashes. I was on one time it happened and it just claims you "Timed Out" and then it shows the server is still online with players on it. When you hover over the player list, it shows a drop down of the players online, and it claims they all are the ones that were online right when it crashed. It even shows that I
    am still online.

7. Offline

Bobcat00

Yes, but the root cause of the problem is your outdated version of CraftBukkit. Update CraftBukkit and the problem will be solved. Did you read this?
    https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-5583

8. Offline

sackboy_lbp

I'm using the latest 1.7.9 Beta build on dl.bukkit.org and haven't gotten any problems. Thanks for the link though, I think I resolved the problem.

9. Offline

imbosslol2414

i had this same problem today on mine u just needa delte your users in groupmanager

10. Offline

Bobcat00

No, his problem was caused by a known bug in the obsolete version of CraftBukkit that he was running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.