Solved Pex Isn't Working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Zac., Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zac.

Hello!

I've recently been doing some testing on a server of mine and decided to switch to Permissions Ex from LuckPerms. So far, I've had a relatively good experience apart from the fact that the plugin doesn't load when I restart the server.

When I initially install the plugin and run my server, it loads up fine. I can edit the permissions.yml and do /pex reload and the plugin will reload with all the new changes. The problem is that when I stop the instance of the server and then run it later, Permissions Ex doesn't load.

I read into the latest log and saw InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml (I attached the full error below)
    The error then says that it was caused by java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty

I should make it clear that if I reinstall PEX and then paste in my previous permissions.yml into the new one and reload the plugin, everything works. Permission Ex breaks when I restart the server.

The server is hosted on version 1.8, and I'm using version 1.23.3 of Permissions Ex.

The entire error straight from the latest log -
    Code:
    [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/PermissionsEx-1.23.3.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:162) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:291) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:152) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:505) [spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:225) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:155) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:150) ~[spigot-1.8.jar:git-Spigot-550ebace-7019900e]
        ... 5 more
    If you need my permissions.yml or config.yml, just let me know. I didn't see a need for them at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: When I reinstalled the plugin, I did turn off both auto updaters before restarting the server.

Seen in the final two lines of the config.yml file:

Code:
    multiserver:
      use-netevents: true
    permissions:
      debug: false
      allowOps: false
      user-add-groups-last: false
      log-players: false
      createUserRecords: false
      backend: file
      informplayers:
        changes: false
      basedir: plugins/PermissionsEx
      backends:
        file:
          type: file
          file: permissions.yml
    updater: false
    alwaysUpdate: false
    Edit 2: I looked at the PEX jar file prior to starting the server and noticed that it had text inside of it. I then started the server and quickly stopped it. I looked back at the same file and it was empty.

Before & after of the jar file - https://imgur.com/a/jVLx8xc

Solution: Install the latest version, 1.23.4... I think the 1.23.3 jar is corrupted but I'm not sure.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.