Plugin Help Pex doesn't work D:

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by xX_BoBo_Xx, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

Hey people on bukkit.org,
    Firts i want to say sorry for my bad English :/
    I got some problems with Permissions.
    I use PermissionsEx first i tried Groupmanager, i didn't like it and turned back to Pex, i copied the perms it worked.. kinda.. But i didn't care bc i wasn't done so i started to finish the file. After some work and testing and frustration i ended on this file: http://pastebin.com/zRZ0T35r
    Restarted server and the first thing i noticed i didn't had the Default rank, i had no rank only my '/op' in chat i had the default chat configuration from essentials (yes i did made custom chat for the groups in Essentials conf.) So i tried to /pex user (me) group set NewBie, this didn't work so i did /pl Pex was in red, i looked at the logs and i saw some faults so i did go to YAML parser, it did say the same thing (look line 180 on this: http://pastebin.com/2W4AC4Si). i tried to eddit, change it but it didn't work.
    PLEASE HELP?!?

- BoBo

Here are my plugins: http://imgur.com/horcUjQ
    Not all the perms are added, i still need to do that, but first i want the basics to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  2. @xX_BoBo_Xx First permission in all groups is out of place.

3. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

Ive seen that to, But on the raw paste data and in my file itself it isnt D:

@bwfcwalshy Yes, but in the Raw paste data and the file itself it isn't

Here i made a new pastebin, now it looks normal, i selected no syntax highlight now.. (copied from notepad++)
    http://pastebin.com/2LVXgzp4

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  4. Offline

Scorpionvssub

Wait what? you call it pex but im seeing tons of manuadd things? :confused: that dont make sense to me, as manuadd from what i know is groupmanager and pex is permissionsEX which does the exact same thing..?

Also never copy things from 1 plugin in settings to a different 1 that will never work out unless the author says you can and pex and group arent the same in that to my knowledge

5. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

I know, but as far i know i just needed to change the way how it stands in the config, the perms of groupmanager normaly is ignored... i think... :eek: Could you maybe fix it? i realy dont know how to :( thanks anyways!

6. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

7. Offline

Boomer

Your indentation is ALL OVER THE MAP
    You use 3 indentations for the first group name, then 2 indentation for a section, then 1 more indenation for the nodes... in the next rank block, you're using 1 indentation for the next section, etc, then the g:stuff is all 2,2 indent structures.
    Convert all your stuff to a 2,2,2,2 space indenting format and get the things aligned correctly, and all the parsing errors do disappear.

Indentation must be consistant in order to define relational structures: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, or 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, or 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 ... by 2s is best.
    You have some sections indented by 1 that need to be aligned with the rest of the block

As for having all those groupmanager globalgroups definitions - that may break pex from a logic-level - but first eliminate all the parsing errors in the file that are due to yaml structure. Once its structurally parseable http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ then you can see how the server behaves by starting it and checking the latest.log file after booting up - if pex is complaining about parsing the file and being unable to use it, then thats the g:groups listed..

Otherwise, having all the nodes for groupmanager isn't a problem, anymore than having nodes for any other plugin which you then uninstall at some point but left behind in the permissions file. However, tuning the permissions file to not have a bunch of nodes that are not applicable will help streamline 1)readability 2)troubleshooting 3) permisssion plugin performance, since it doesn't have to load up a lot of 'filler' nodes to search through.

[​IMG]

8. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

@Boomer Okay thanks that cleared up alot! But I still dont get what is wrong with the format? I'm new in this and My english is bad/very bad. i thought i used 3 spaces everywhere, and +1 if it was under a section.

9. Offline

Boomer

You "did" use 3 and +1, which is WRONG. You also weren't consistant with that, using +2 in some cases..

YML requires multiples of a given indentation to define a relationship. So 0 2 4 6 8 or 0 3 6 9 12 or 0 4 8 12 16 20 etc

So dont mix indentations. Keep them as multiples of something, indenting the next block by that amount, and that will help keep everything lined up correctly as well since everything should be parallel: each rank name should be lined up at the same point; every - permission.node should have the - lined up at the same point as every other - in a permission set, etc. If they aren't aligned, the file breaks

More importantly, you also must have the information placed at the RIGHT LEVEL. That means following the order structure from the PEX WIKI. The Pex WIKI has an example, which uses 4 space indentations to exaggerate the levels, but most importantly, it clearly shows which things are indented 1 unit, which are indented 2 units, which are indented 3 units and which are indented 4 units, regardless of that unit being 1,2,3 or 4 spaces...

[​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  10. Offline

xX_BoBo_Xx

OKay! Thank you very much, until now everythings works. ill add the other perms now..
    thank you so much :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.