Solved PEX and Chat Display

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by ThePerfectoPiggy, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, everyone. :)

I had a couple of questions for you all about the way my name appears in chat on my server. The plugins I am using (that may pertain to this) are SimpleClans, Essentials, EssentialsChat, and PermissionsEX.

When I type something in chat, it appears like this:

PEACE.[W M D E]<Owner> ~Piggy~ (message)

My main concern is the [W M D E] that appears between my clan tag and my rank prefix. I'm not quite sure what is causing this. It is not present when I talk in /ac. I do not like it, and I'd like to know how to get rid of/disable it.

Another thing is that I would like to know how to have a white colon after my nickname and before chat. I have tried setting a colon as my suffix, but when I do that there are two colons in /ac. I would like there to be one colon in each.

If it would help you out, I would be happy to attach my Essentials and/or PermissionsEX files.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :D

~ThePerfectoPiggy

2. Offline

joshmaro

Could you please attach your files? It might be the name of your world, did you set an alias for it?

ThePerfectoPiggy likes this.
  3. Of course. :)

Here is a link to my PermissionsEx permissions.yml file:

http://pastebin.com/4xweXdPD

Here is a link to my Essentials config.yml file:

http://pastebin.com/PbK0KDEe

Please let me know if you would like me to provide links to other files.

As for the name of my worlds, I do have them named differently than the default:

Overworld: PigConomy
    Nether: PigConomy_nether
    The End: PigConomy_the_end

Thank you very much. Even if you cannot solve my issue, I really appreciate you replying to this topic to ask. :)

~ThePerfectoPiggy

Edit:

One of my staff members recently came in-game, and I noticed they had a strange prefix before their chat also. However, it's different than mine.

[M B D]<Helper> ~(nickname) [text]

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

_Nish_

Mabey its based on their rank? Have you tried to make yourself helper and see if you have that MBD prefix?

5. Thank you for asking.

I have changed my rank multiple times (via the console) to test every rank on my server, including Helper. It makes no difference in the prefix I have.

Unfortunately, there are not many active players on the server at the moment, so it would be difficult to see what other unwanted prefixes players might have.

Please let me know if you have any other questions/ideas. :)

~ThePerfectoPiggy

6. Offline

_Nish_

Plugin list?

7. The plugins I have on my server are:

ChestShop
    ClearChat
    CoreProtect
    CurseNoMore (To be replaced)
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsSpawn
    Jobs
    LiftSign
    LWC
    NoSwear
    PermissionsEx
    PreciousStones
    SimpleBroadcast
    SimpleChatChannels
    SimpleClans
    Stargate
    TabColor
    Vault
    WorldEdit

I hope this helps! :)

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

_Nish_

Check out the files for the plugins LWC, SimpleChatChannels, Jobs, and SimpleClans. See what the prefixes are for your PEX groups.

ThePerfectoPiggy likes this.
  9. I discovered that it was the "Jobs" plugin causing the once-strange prefixes. There was an option to display the initials of the jobs a player was in that had somehow gotten toggled on. I toggled it off and the names no longer have the prefixes.

Thank you for all of your help. This has now been marked as "solved". :D

~ThePerfectoPiggy

10. Offline

_Nish_

Ok. Have a good time hosting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.