Plugin Help PermissionsEX

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by xXAFTHXx, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xXAFTHXx

In the server all users can do the command /pex user <username> group set <group> and I don't want that...

Here are my permissions https://pastebin.com/SxQYTqsy

2. Offline

RunsWithShovels

@xXAFTHXx Why are you giving players individual permissions. That's the whole point of having groups. Also you don't need to negate a permission that isn't inherited. Take all the clutter out of your file and reload, then see what issues you are having.

Another thing, I don't care what anyone else say. Using *.* or permissions.* is not safe, and makes it hard to debug issues.

Permission plugins (most) are made to inherit from lower groups, when assigned that way. So give your administration permissions to the appropriate groups, let the higher group inherit the lower, and so on. Then if you or an admin needs something else, then give that single permission to yourself.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    xXAFTHXx likes this.
  3. Offline

xXAFTHXx

@RunsWithShovels Thank you very much m8. I resolved the issue, it was because of the "*" permission. Thank you for the information on the general use of permissions and the inherit function, I never knew that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.