Solved [PermissionsEx] Player in 2 groups

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Rowinvd, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rowinvd

I have a server with 4 teams, and I use EssentialsSpawn for the respawning. My staff members want to play the game too but they can only have one rank as far as I know. I want to put players in the staff rank, but also have them spawned at their team spawn.

How can I do this?

2. Offline

Rowinvd

I have a server with 4 teams, and I use EssentialsSpawn for the respawning. My staff members want to play the game too but they can only have one rank as far as I know. I want to put players in the staff rank, but also have them spawned at their team spawn.

How can I do this?

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

Set their staff rank as a subgroup, or secondary group. You can do this with the command /pex user <user> group add Admin (or the group you want to add).

Now you can set their primary group as one of the teams.

Rowinvd likes this.
  4. Offline

Rowinvd

That was easy, thanks!

EDIT: Now when a staff member dies, he spawns in the default spawn, not in the group spawn. How can I let a player spawn at the group spawn?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  5. Offline

CapsizeTheLevi

You can give them two prefixes?

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Then the admin group it would have to be the primary group :/

7. Offline

BotteledCacti

This is a good question, but I believe that I can help you. You can give each rank a "weight", if rank A has a "weight" of 1, and rank B has a "weight" of 2, you can assign both ranks to a player, but only giving them prefixes (Or suffixes) from one of them. This is what i use for the Donator rank on my server:

Donator:
    inheritance:
    - Newcomer
    permissions:
    - nocheatplus.checks.moving.creativefly
    - essentials.fly
    - essentials.hat
    - essentials.sethome.multiple.Donator
    - essentials.workbench
    - essentials.kits.Donator
    - deluxetags.tag.Donator
    options:
    weight: '100'

As you can see it has no pre or suffix, but I add the donator prefix with another plugin (DeluxeTags).
    To assign a player to an additional group simply do: /pex user <player> group add <group>

Hope this solved your problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.