Solved Permissions problems with essentials.

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by grahamjosh36, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

grahamjosh36

Hey there guys. I was trying to make a server but I seem to be having a problem adding in permissions because when i hit the ground it says you are not permitted to interact with grass. I was making a sky block server so i got the askyblock plugin. I can use /island and everything but no luck with destroying any thing on my island when I'm default. Can someone please help me

2. Offline

Blake5432

What's your server name

3. Offline

grahamjosh36

It's<Redacted> do you think you can help??

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Offline

Blake5432

Not sure I will have to take a look

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

Please do the following:

Stop your server.
    Start your server.
    When it's fully started, stop it again.
    Go in to your server files.
    Go to the logs folder.
    Open the file called latest.log.
    Copy and paste the contents at http://pastebin.com/.
    Post it there and then link the URL here.

6. Offline

grahamjosh36

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

First of all, remove any Essentials plugins but leave the Essentials folder alone. Download EssentialsX, EssentialsXChat, and EssentialsXSpawn here: https://ci.drtshock.net/job/essentialsx/

Also, GroupManager doesn't work on 1.10.2.

8. Offline

grahamjosh36

Done and it works but Now what should i use to do a ranking system and give gamers permissions?

9. Offline

oceantheskatr

PermissionsEx is probably the best alternative. It takes a little bit of adjusting to, but is still quite similar and HEAVILY supported.

10. Offline

grahamjosh36

Thank you I will try that out. Hey btw do you know why my pvp won't work? I made an area and I set the region and did flag pvp allow and it still won't work and it is the highest priority.

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Pastebin your regions file and link it here.

12. Offline

grahamjosh36

This is want you need right??? Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 11.53.16 AM.png

13. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

14. Offline

oceantheskatr

Look in your WorldGuard folder for a file called "regions.yml"

15. Offline

grahamjosh36

Is this it? Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.12.28 PM.png

16. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yes, go in "worlds" and for the world you're having troubles with go in that and Pastebin the regions.yml file inside.

17. Offline

grahamjosh36

18. Offline

oceantheskatr

It is possible that a plugin is causing your PvP to not work. I'm not sure which plugin is causing it, but follow the video below and it'll show you how to troubleshoot your plugins, allowing you to quickly and efficiently figure out which plugin is causing the problem. After you figure out which plugin is causing the problem, you can either deal with it yourself or let us know in this thread and we'll try our best to help!

Video:

19. Offline

grahamjosh36

I watched the video and i took out all the plugins and i have vault and askyblock files left and it still won't let me pvp

20. Offline

oceantheskatr

With every single plugin JAR removed you can't pvp?

21. Offline

grahamjosh36

I figured out it was a setting in askyblock that set the spawn for no pvp and the area was in the spawn area. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.