Permission Group Item Control

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by cody1209, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Offline

cody1209

I have been searching around the forum for quite some time and I can't seem to find the type of plugin I am looking for. I'm not sure if the plugin exists, or if I am just blind.. If I am, please direct me to the plugin!

I am looking for an SMP plugin that allows you to give certain groups of people access to certain items. For example, in an RPG styled server, a Mining group would be able to mine out the raw ores such as iron and gold, but could not have access to a furnace to smelt those ores into usable items. The miners would then need to trade with somebody that has access to a furnace (Blacksmith group), who could then smelt the ores and sell them. This would encourage job to job trading/sales.

It doesn't seem like a particularily strange or unique idea, which is why I was hesitant to even ask, but I couldn't find it. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, or if the plugin I'm thinking of is a widely popular plugin and I'm just unaware of it.

2. Offline

koguchi

Good god, please let there be a plugin out there that does this!

3. Offline

RomaClanServer

There is a plugin called groupblacklist but is outdated. Also, blacklist usually doesn't do the job very well (i.e. people can usually still pick up the items, and blocking use rarely works). I would also love a plugin like that for the class based pvp server I am working on, so classes wouldn't be able to wear certain types of armor or use certain weapons.

4. Offline

Adondriel

I love the idea... seems possible... i would like to see this.

5. Offline

cody1209

Sooo, I finally stumbled upon a plugin that works sort of like this, but it turns out that plugin has been abandoned. Anybody find something like it?