NPCS v.4.1 - Trader, Simple NPCS, iConomySupport soon

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Jimpi, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Withless

would it be possible to make the npcs equip weapons/armor you give them and possily attack players? for example could use 3 stances passive(does not attack at all) neutral(attacks only if attacked) aggressiv(attacks on sight) would be even better if you could make it target specific players

2. Offline

Jimpi

Its Possible! Equiping Weapons i dunno, but Attacking other Players will work. But thats atm not my highest priority. But i have noticed your suggestion :)

3. Offline

saiek

might as well, seeing as it could be a couple weeks intil the bukkit builds have permissions in them already.

4. Offline

Jimpi

going to post the new Plugin in about ~20hours (hMod)

preview of some new Features!

5. Offline

Kayonesoft

Question: Does that also record movement breaks such as stopping in a place for an extended period of time?
    I also noticed that interaction breaks the movement loop. Is there some way to resume after a set period?

6. Offline

Jimpi

Atm the Npcs will walk without stopping, until you hit them, they will stand still a fixed gtime, but i will add a option to alter the Time they have to wait, until they can continue. If you are recording, you are only recording your new Position, with cmd "/npc rec all <base>" you will record new Position+new Rotation+new Pitch. Maybe in further Updates, you will be able to Record crouching too. I have to fix some minor things like the Speed of the Npcs, thats why i delayed it for today.

Today, i have my last study-exam in some hours, after that, i will continue to work @ the plugin and will release it this evening. After releasing for hMod, the porting-process to bukkit starts again ;)

7. Offline

ledhead900

I'm too waiting for this to be my main store plugin I hope u support iconomy still, Also you missed an idea I had on post 52 on how to get simple working skins for NPC to work over the server.

Its sure not a practical way but I cant see why with some loving it would not work.

8. Offline

Jimpi

no i didnt missed your idea, i only forgot to reply. Your idea is also requiring Clientmodification, and thats a no go atm. I do not have the time to refactor the Client and so on. Later if will check this for sure. But its not a practical way. Client will be much more updated in the next weeks by mojang. ... :/

and yes, all Features will work. iConomy Support is a huge Feature ;)

9. Offline

ledhead900

hmm true, yea its was not practical but its about as good as I think it will be with out a API from notch or notch;s newer ideas like possible intergration for client and servers.

Excellent news :) cant wait for release.

10. Offline

Jimpi

11. Offline

Hoddie54

My server is waiting desperately for a release. When will it be out?
    I love your work! Keep it up!!!

12. It's the weekend! *impatient*

13. Offline

Jimpi

Sorry guys, i have to delay it again. Because i dont find a Method, to create Entitys -_-
    look here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/is-it-currently-possible-to-spawn-a-humanentity.2750/

If someone knows the new Class, to create a HumanEntity etc. With hmod iam user for the user-object, the Class "fi" in Minecrafe_Server.jar, now i have to search for a equivalent of this server....

Sorry guys, i burned down many many hours, for searching and trying to fix it. But i dont have infinite Time. It seems that there is at this point, now way to create a Entity.... Have to wait for updatet Bukkit.

14. Offline

Jimpi

atm, iam writting a suggestion, maybe the devs can tell me what i can use.

Stay tuned.

15. Offline

Jimpi

16. Offline

Kayonesoft

Ya Craftbukkit needs an update pretty bad. There's no triggers for death, entity...

17. Offline

r4NGe

I am clenching my butt cheeks in anticipation.

18. Offline

TheSpillmonkey

There must be a call...
    With a few other mods i use within bukkit, i can spawn mobs (zombies, sheep, pigs, etc)

19. Offline

Macus

Amazing idea,
    as we are all dieing to have this plugin could you release a temporary version with another mob?
    iTrader Pig?

20. YES GOOD IDEA

ZOMBIE TRADER PLZ

21. Offline

TheSpillmonkey

My point was more that there must be a summon/spawn call method if there are ones for mobs.
    I would assume at least.

22. Offline

BBFPaco

Can't wait for this to work in Bukkit! :)

23. Offline

TheSpillmonkey

ahh from what im reading, they are a different call function alltogether. :(

24. Offline

Jimpi

good idea, but atm, ive burned too many hours, first have to work @my diplomathesis...

@The Spillmonkey: yes, there is missing a Function to create HumanEntity...

25. Offline

pudd1nG

I see on your twitter you were considering the ability to spawn animals or mobs instead of players, TBH I think zombie traders would work great!!

26. Offline

TheSpillmonkey

As long as the bukkit team has it in their near sights, shouldnt we just wait for the proper calls to be added ? :)

27. Offline

Jimpi

this is possible for sure, but so many dudes waiting for release, but i think this is the best way for porting, i think i will waste a lot of hours for getting this to work with animals etc...

28. Offline

FuzzyWuff

Being a spawn ID, I am not really good with java, but can't you add only one mob type, and switch to humanoid once the api include them ? that would save time maybe and have a few work to convert the mob to humanoid.

I may be wrong, I don't know much about java, but that seem similar of how notch want to eventually replace torch with lantern by swaping the Id number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.