Filled No Dye

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Mechanics

Suggested name: No Dye

What I want:
    Prevent armor and sheep from being dyed
    If you try to dye a sheep, nothing will happen and you do not lose your item/dye (unless you have the permission)
    If you try to craft dyed leather armor, you will not be able to craft it (unless you have the permission)
    You will also not lose your items/dyes if you try to craft dyed leather armor

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: NoDye.Sheep (permission to dye sheep) NoDye.Armor (permission to dye armor)

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please :)

2. Offline

pie_flavor

3. Offline

pie_flavor

4. @pie_flavor So you are unable to dye armor which is good, but I am still able to dye sheep.

5. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak Interesting. I canceled the interact. Also, redownload. I forgot to even add the permissions lel

6. @pie_flavor I have redownloaded the plugin from the download link above and I am still able to dye sheep

7. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak Found the glitch. No you are not able to dye the sheep. Relog and you'll see.
    Yet another example of pointless client-sidedness. So the player will be able to see the dyed sheep, but nobody else.

8. @pie_flavor would there be a way to remove the dye's function of dying, instead of preventing sheep from being dyed?

If not I have an idea. What if you prevent the sheep from being dyed, but if you try to dye a sheep, it will dye the sheep to the color it was before you dyed it. So that way it would prevent the client bug.

9. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak Didn't think of that. And with your other point, that's what i'm doing, removing the dye's functionality of dyeing. (that's the verb, dyeing. dying means something quite different :) )The client believes that the sheep should be dyed, so the sheep is dyed. I'll do your idea, but what's the harm in the client bug? They see the sheep the color they tried to dye it, but nobody else does. Everything else functions like it should.
    EDIT: @PhillyCheezsteak Done. Redownload for the bug patch.

10. @pie_flavor I am not sure if the download link is broken, but I am still able to dye sheep.
    The reason why the client bug is an issue is because I have each sheep color have their own function/skills, and I do not want players confused on what color sheep they have.

11. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak Do said sheep have space-time wool?
    Jk. But when they dye the sheep, the sheep get set to white 2 seconds later. I really don't know what else to do. Imma post on the dev forums.

12. @pie_flavor Still not working sorry. I tried dying a sheep brown. When I right clicked the sheep, it turned brown, but it did not prevent it/change it back.

13. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak No, I mean I tell the game to turn it back 2 ticks later. If it doesn't work, I don't know what else will.

14. Not sure how you're currently doing it, but have you tried listening to PlayerInteractEntityEvent and the event priority is LOWEST, i.e. Runs first, then cancelling it if the entity is a sheep and the player has a dye in their hand.

15. Offline

pie_flavor

@KingFaris11 Um, the problem is not about it not working. The problem is about fixing a glitch where the client sees it as the new color but it still actually is the old color.

16. Yeah, so alternative methods may not have this bug, I'm not sure. You may already be doing this, if so, make sure the event is called first, i.e. Priority

17. Offline

pie_flavor

@KingFaris11 You don't get it. It isn't about the plugin not working. The plugin works fine. It's a client side glitch we're attempting to combat that causes a sheep to look dyed to the player who dyed it regardless of what the server thinks. An EventPriority will not solve it because the order in which the listeners are called has nothing to do with a client-side bug, especially when I have stated a few times now that the plugin works entirely otherwise.

18. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

19. Ohh I didn't understand what the bug was before.

20. Offline

SirMonkeyFood

As my greatgrandparents always said, "If it doesn't work, kill it and make a new one!".
    (Kill the sheep and spawn an exact replica?) @pie_flavor

21. Offline

pie_flavor

@SirMonkeyFood I'm not sure how I would go about spawning a replica. There are many fields and such to cover, and I don't even know if I can make any scoreboard values work.

22. @SirMonkeyFood The problem with that idea, is it would not work. What would work is if you can redye the sheep the original color you dyed it

23. Offline

SirMonkeyFood

Theoretically it would, but it would be exceedingly difficult.

24. Offline

pie_flavor

@PhillyCheezsteak Fixed it. I set it to one color and set it back again, because otherwise the client wouldn't update. Just redownload.

25. @pie_flavor Still not working. I am not sure if I have the correct link. Just to be sure, can you please relink it?

26. Offline

pie_flavor

27. @pie_flavor I tried it out again and it sadly is not working. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.