Nick Name Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by termanator1128, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

termanator1128

Hi what i want is a plugin that allows me to change my name in chat, above my head, and in tab and it supports essentialsx , groupmanager/permissionsex, and nametagedit so i can still have a prefix and suffix. This plugin is kind of like on the Hypixel server so youtubers dont get targeted. So if i type /nick [name] [player] name meaning a custom name and player meaning another player neither are required. If you dont supply a [name] it will choose a random name. When the command has run it will but the player into a different group set in the config so it will take the prefix and suffix for the chat name and the permission from nametagedit which is in the special group set in the config.

Example: so my username is termanator1128 and im in the admin group and my prefix in chat and nametag is [Admin] termanator1128 and i type /nick. It will give me a random name and it will put me into the special group (set in config) and gives me all of the permissions from the special group so if its set to disguisevip in the config i did the command so now it will show my prefix in chat and nametag is [VIP] RandomName and when i type /unnick it will put me back into the group i was in originally and have my name back so now im back to [Admin] termanator1128.

Commands - Info - Permissons
    (required) [optional]
    - /nick [name] [player] - See example - change.disguise (please make a better permissions i cant think of a good one)
    - /unnick [player] - unnicks the player - change.disguise
    - /nickcheck (player) - will check the nickname and tell if the player is nick or not if they are it will say something like {RandomPlayer is termanator1128} - check.disguise

If you think there should be more commands and permissions please feel free to add them since you are making the plugin

If there is anything else you need to know please ask
    Please do not say like use mycommand or alias and use this, this and this it does not work

Thanks
    -term

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Offline

termanator1128

3. Offline

termanator1128

4. Offline

termanator1128

5. Offline

Firestar311

There are many plugins that do this. Probably not going to get a developer

6. Offline

termanator1128

7. Offline

StayCurious

I doubt any developer is going to go out of there way to make this for you, as it's awfully individualized to you, for most are content with existing nick plugins. I'm actually surprised this isn't one of the mentioned plugins in the HOW TO post.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    kev6261337 and Firestar311 like this.
  8. Offline

termanator1128

@StayCurious say whatever you want but its not individualized for me because i know more than 10 people who like this and what this so....

btw you dont have to be so rude

9. Offline

StayCurious

I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I was just offering why I didn't think you were going to get any developing going out of their way to do this. I apologize.

10. Disguise plugin with something like CommandOverride to also run the commands to set the groups and make the commands /nick

ChipDev likes this.
  11. Offline

termanator1128

@bwfcwalshy ok but thats not the problem the problem is with all of that is when you are nicked nothing connects to nametagedits database to use uuids so that the nametag will change and not be white

12. Offline

termanator1128

13. Fine, might be able to make it. Also I need the colour you want.

14. Offline

termanator1128

15. Offline

termanator1128

@Jezzerdo4 awesome thanks testing it

have some issues with it
    - unnick gives me an error http://pastebin.com/aHMFmdjR
    - no config file
    - not changing name in tab (not sure about above head)
    - not changing group name in chat to what i want from config

and is it possible to make it so if you try to tab someones name it is the nick and not their actual name if not then its ok

it completely broke my server
    so thanks for that

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  16. What minecraft version are you using?

Edit: Yes, unnick does spam the console, howeverthe command it self works for me.

Edit 2: NametagEdit has a bug where it will not show in the tab list, also changing the name on the tab list is NOT possible.

Edit 3: Changing the name you tab is not possible. I'm working on the config right now.

Edit 4: Added the config.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  17. Be grateful someone is trying to fulfill your request.

18. Offline

mine-care

And at this stage i wonder what 'Completely' is ment to indicate. Complete distruction can be deleting all server files. did it ? I dought it did. So it didnt completely break your server. It also doesnt modify any files of the craftbukkit you use, so you cant blame it for that either, and nor does it corrupt chunks or anything.
    So, how did it "Completely break" your server?

19. Offline

termanator1128

20. Offline

mine-care

@termanator1128 ever heared of too much of a hyperbole?
    Because that's what it is.

Hyperbole or not, it can be Insulting the person it points to and that is what I wanted to convey to an extent.

Also when you say that it completely broke your server, we are talking big here. We are used to deal with all sorts of problems people come across and your statement made me suspect that the code contained something fishy that manipulated files and ruined your world/server#jar/other plugin data and trust me that isn't science fiction, but it's also not tolerated here. So I had to read the code to verify it isn't anything malicious.
    Lastly, correct me if I am wrong but I noticed some sort of disrespect in that for the single person who decided to take this on after almost a month, and I'll have to bring up a quote at this stage:

cococow123 and kev6261337 like this.
  21. Offline

termanator1128

@mine-care not trying to be rude i dont care about quotes and this does not really concern you at all and its getting off topic on this which you are doing and is not allowed so end of conversation and back on topic

22. Offline

kev6261337

@termanator1128 idk why you are being so rude...

If you want somebody to make you a plugin for your server, you should probably treat them with respect.
    It's not like you are doing them a favor, they are trying to do you a favor...

Learn some manners.

23. Offline

ZenKristoffer

I would like to create this plugin for you. As im just starting out, this would be a awesome exercise for me :D

24. Offline

termanator1128

@ZenKristoffer awesome good luck with this and your other projects

25. Offline

ZenKristoffer

What colors do you want for the [VIP] ? Do you need colorcode support (&C = Red) or just a color that you are forced to have?

Its not done yet, this is just an update and here is what it does:
    When you do /nick Notch:
    [​IMG](How it looks in chat)
    [​IMG](How it looks in tab)
    When you do /unnick: (You will have default prefix and name)
    [​IMG](How it looks in chat)
    [​IMG](How it looks in tab)
    Is this how you wanted it?

EDIT: Added /unnicko and /nicko (Nick others/Unnick)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  26. Offline

termanator1128

@ZenKristoffer looks great so far, and the colors should be &8[&5VIP&8]&9 and make sure that when you unnick that it puts them back to the group they were before from and the nametagedit tag

27. Offline

ZenKristoffer

Well, it just nicknames them. the group stays the same.

28. Offline

termanator1128

@ZenKristoffer ok so they will get the nametagedit back from the group because ive seen some that puts it back as white

29. Offline

ZenKristoffer

But the nametagedit, What do you mean by nametagedit?
    EDIT: Oh the plugin, there are no support for that in this plugin, nametags stay the same, only the DisplayName gets changed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.