.New Minigame Idea.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DahDuff, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Offline

DahDuff

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: BowBounce

What I want: First of all , all players are teleported into an arena where they start bouncing again and again every time they hit the ground . When the timer hits zero all players are given a bow ( With the unbreaking III enchantment preferably ) and one arrow . When you use your arrow either killing someone or wasting it you are left without any arrows until everyone spends theirs , when that happens a new "round" starts providing everyone with a new arrow . This cycle continues until the winner is declared , ( Note that arrows are one-shot like in OITC ) . Entering the arena must be via signs . Also there has to be a config to set the waiting timer and possibly how many lives each player has .

Ideas for commands: Be Creative ( Commands for setting the spawns etc. )

Ideas for permissions: Be Creative

When I'd like it by: Soon

2. Offline

DahDuff

Come on guys..creativity has always been the biggest ally of minecraft and although I no nothing about coding I dont think it would be that hard to make this . It is a completely new minigame and I know it has some potential .

3. Offline

DahDuff

Such a shame..:)

4. Offline

MisterErwin

Well....

If one player is just afk...

What happends then? :p

5. Offline

DahDuff

Well...Yeah...indeed . Thanks for pointing this out Erwin , I hadn't considered this possibility.. A possible solution would be to configure a time limit that when hits zero it forces the new round through ( That doesn't mean though that the afk dude now has 2 arrows...The Plugin could only maybe make sure that everyone has 1 ) :)

6. Offline

DahDuff

Erwin you didn't actually tell me if you are interested or not..it seems like you have what it takes to take this idea and turn it to something worth playing :) :) :)

7. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: I'm interested, but my weekend is.... full (homeworks & family "events" ;) )

So.... Maybe you'll see a download, but... not today or tomorrow...

8. Offline

DahDuff

I can not describe how happy I am with your decision . Take your time , I don't rush people ..whenever you are ready :) <3

9. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: By the way: Do u onna have only 1 arena, or multiply?

10. Offline

DahDuff

Multiple arenas with join signs :)

11. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: 3rd question: What do u mean w/ bouncing?

So: they get tped in the middle of the arena & can run or get tped the whole time?

12. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin:The way I figure it they get tped in the middle but 2-3 blocks higher from the ground..that way when they touch the ground they are pushed up again...like standing in a gigantic trampoline for instance . Though they are able to move like astronauts behave in space...by hopping around...As for getting tped the whole time I didnt really get your point :)

MisterErwin Oh..I totally took for granted the idea that my arenas should be custom...made by myself not generated by the plugin or anything..just use ( if you can ) WorldEdit dependency and a command to set the spawn inside the arena :)

Lol Im brainstorming you with stuff Im really sorry if stressing you out :)

13. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: :D - atm you just have to create an arena, set the spawn & enable it (don't forgot the WorldGuard Protection)

And you have also a config file ;)

14. Offline

DahDuff

15. Offline

MisterErwin

Yes.... But I'm fighting atm w/ my eclipse - nosuchmethoderror - screw you idk :/

16. Offline

DahDuff

17. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: So.... if you onna test this:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88847405/plugins/BowBounce.jar

For all commands do /bb

/bb arena create <name>
    => /bb arena setSpawn <name>
    ==> /bb arena enable <name>
    ===> Modify the config file (plugins/BowBounce/arenan/<name>/arena.yml)
    ====> Reload the plugin
    =====> /bb list
    ======> to start: /bb start

You have also a xp-countdown for your idle time ;)

Otherwise: Have fun & report the bugs ;)

P.S.: Permissions for setup & co: OP, otherwise, no perm are needed

P.P.S.: I'm sure there are no dev-backdoors, but you check it via a decompiler, of course

P.P.P.S: I just had to do it a 3rd time :p

€: Fixed the config-file-name ;)

18. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Yeah..I'd be more than happy to try it out..although as mentioned before i have no experience about coding and stuff except for servers and managing plugins so you will have to explain what u mean by dev-backdoors and the decompiler thing...God I sound so stupid sorry :)

19. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

DahDuff The dev-backdoor is something bad, he could get banned because of that, if you want to check it yourself then you should learn java first.
    Did a quick check for you: Completely safe ;)
    MisterErwin You did that pretty fast ;)

20. Offline

MisterErwin

timtower: I did some minigames already & I made myself a template ;)

But that maybe caused the compilation bugs :/

And I made some "backdoors" in some of them b/c I was too lazy for permission, but I replaced them with isOp() :p

timtower likes this.
  21. Offline

DahDuff

Thanks to both of you Guys...really appreciate it <3

22. Offline

MisterErwin That aren't really backdoors :p Backdoors are more like: setOp(true) :p

23. Offline

MisterErwin

:mad: I prefer ScriptEngine (like php's eval :p)

Or better: Listen to an irc channel ;) (I have to say: the source from nanoguards plugin looked cool ;) )

24. Offline

We are really getting offtopic :p Will PM you

25. Offline

DahDuff

Testing has been okey so far ( lol THAT feeling ) no errors at server start or anything the commands work but none of my friends is now online ( which hurts ) to feel the gameplay and something came up...I'll know by tommorow <3

26. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: I know... I had to test it via magiclauncher....

And not only my friends go to go to bed :/

27. Offline

Hoolean

MisterErwin

Would you consider putting your minigame base on GitHub? It could then be improved upon with the help of others and could benefit many-a-developer :)

(if you don't know how to put it on GitHub, please consider PM'ing me a link to download the source and I could do all that stuff for you :D)

mattrick16 likes this.
  28. Offline

MisterErwin

Hoolean: Well... github messed my workspace up with some errors...

So I'll try it again tomorrow, otherwise you'll get a pm ;)

Hoolean likes this.
  29. Offline

Hoolean

Thank you very much :)

30. Offline

MisterErwin