Need help with pex, permissions.yml

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BaxterCoding, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BaxterCoding

[diamond] [diamond]
    So every time I go to make my permissions.yml file, it always seems to corrupt and say that the string line is invalid, now however I was going to ask one of you fellow bukkit'ers to help me with my situation, no i only need help on doing a few ranks and permissions for my pex file, however this may take some time, if you are interested, and want to help, please let me know!

[diamond] [diamond]

2. Offline

watteffer_Jr

If you have made one but it didn't work, post it using pastebin or with the code option, and we will fix it for you.
    If you want me to make one for you, I can do, just tell me what commands you want for each rank and such, and I can make one for you.

3. Offline

coolguy4744

Here is a link to a test one that I have created.
    http://pastebin.com/GSJ4WYyj
    All that you have to do is copy it into your permissions.yml and then edit it to your liking. If it does not work then I would not be surprised as on my last server I had it right with no errors and the plugins worked fine although the permissions.yml did not load. Personally if that does not work I would use GroupManager or YAPP. I like YAPP due to the fact that it takes up little resources and you can customize things with chat managing plugins.

4. Offline

JaguarJo

coolguy4744 Yeah...that template has a few things wrong with it; I'm not surprised that it didn't load. The inheritances are redundant and Pex puts the build node under an options section.

5. Offline

LHammonds

At the bare minimum, please make sure you run it through an Online YAML Parser and clear up any formatting issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.