Nazi Zombies?

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by captainawesome7, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

captainawesome7

Overview: Well I've been working on a zombie deathmatch sort of plugin, if you want to see it go to mc.awesomevilleserver.com:25564. You need SpoutCraft or you can't play.
    This plugin won't be released until I work out all the little problems, and if SpoutCraft adds the ability to add items soon I'll change the buns and bullets to use that.
    Info:
    Not much to say. When the command is typed, the game begins. Players are randomly divided between Humans and Zombies. Skins and titles are set accordingly, and the game begins.
    Spout:
    Obviously you need spout to get the custom sounds, skins, titles, texture, etc.
    BTW, the M9 texture is crap. I hastily Gimped something in, so its terrible. If you want to make an HD texture pack for it please do. The M9 is the Book and the MP5 is paper. Arrows have been roughly redone to be bullets.
    Stats:
    I'll be adding SQLite player stats soon. It'll record things like total shots fired, total zombie kills, total human kills, total points earned, etc. I'll also be adding Achievements that use the "Achievement Get" popups, and I'll make a list available before I release the plugin.
    Screenshost:
    Human View (open)

2011-08-21_01.04.35.png

Zombie View (open)

2011-08-21_01.04.45.png

efstajas likes this.
  2. Offline

DrBowe

This also looks amazing. ;)

3. Offline

captainawesome7

I've been working it out over the past few days, but I'm really waiting for Spout to update so it can handle adding new items and entities. Once that happens, this will look sooo much better.

4. Offline

efstajas

You missed a dot in front of the com. :) Awesome, btw.
    But I can't connect. :( It says "Connecting to the server" for hours and then operation timed out: http://cl.ly/9TyI

5. Offline

Tauryuu

Server is broken. :(

6. Offline

DrBowe

7. Offline

Tauryuu

Yes. I don't know about him. :p

8. Offline

efstajas

Yeah, you can kind of see it in the screenshot. :p

9. Offline

DrBowe

@efstajas
    @Tauryuu
    Ack, I meant to say the most recent version of the SpoutCraft client. :p

10. Offline

Tauryuu

Using SpoutCraft's custom launcher automatically updates to the most recent version, right?

11. Offline

efstajas

Yeah, it downloaded everything right before, I even deleted the spoutcraft installation. :/

12. Offline

captainawesome7

Ah my power went out, the server should be up pretty soon.

13. Offline

Jonchun

Looks AWESOME. I just wish it wasn't Spout dependent... =/

Oh well...

Do you think it's possible to set it so users can't join the game without Spout? (They can still play the normal server without it. Just not Nazi Zombies)

14. Offline

captainawesome7

People can still join the game, but it'll be weird looking. And no sound. No gui, etc.

15. Offline

efstajas

Thank you. :D And you're still missing the dot in the first post.

16. Offline

captainawesome7

I changed the port. It's mc.awesomevilleserver:25564

17. Offline

Kane

@captainawesome7 this looks like it can be a lot of fun. More mini games are so needed in Minecraft. Biggest suggestion. Make sure everything has a disable switch for other worlds. For example I like to make sure if this is not in the nazi zombie world every features does not work in say build world.

keep up the good work.

18. Offline

thehutch

Add me to the Thanks for helping with testing :D it was fun and I helped him with the skins

19. Offline

DrBowe

@captainawesome7
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the people who aren't on "Undead Development" are the ones who are actually trying to revolutionize zombie experiences in Minecraft?

20. Offline

captainawesome7

Lol I don't think that the "Undead Team" developed anything in relation to zombies. That being said, a quick Nazi Zombie game is simple enough compared to a full on zombie hunting event, including special zombie types. I'll be lucky if the M9 texture is anything other than an L-shaped black thing xD

21. Offline

DrBowe

But they did have that Infected plugin that was lurking around in WIP for a while...not sure where it went. And you at least have the sense to use Spout from the get-go. I'm having to re-code everything to incorporate Spout support, and generally clean up code. And honestly, I don't even know how to alter a texture pack, so making your own (no matter how 'black L' it is) is good 'nuff.

22. Offline

captainawesome7

The biggest problem is that the .zip format that the Mac Archive Utility uses isn't compatible with texture packs for some reason :/

23. Offline

undeadmach1ne

ill do it. what size do you want them?

24. Offline

captainawesome7

Anything you can do is great, the textures are terrible as it is. In case you didn't know, Spout only works with complete texture packs, so you're going to have to edit an existing items.png and replace the paper with an MP5, book with an M9, and the arrows.png should be a bullet type thing. Sorry if that isn't descriptive, but I suck at textures and anything you could do would be great.

25. Offline

undeadmach1ne

ok ill see what i can do. the default is 256x256 (16x16 per item)...ill try a 512 or maybe a 1024 and see if thats enough to make the guns look ok...hopefully get back to you shortly with a draft/prototype.

26. Offline

Drageer

This plugin is looking hella fine if i do say so myself, and i do.

27. Offline

HockeyMike24

I joined the server and I loved the idea, please make this plugin and good luck with it!

28. Offline

Lolmewn

They should have a hat.

29. Offline

HockeyMike24

I sign on the test server all the time, but I can't catch you on. Is there specific times?

30. Offline

dpsi

Could you release this plugin? I dont mid if its still in alpha or beta :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.