Natural disasters on SMP

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bevso, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Offline

bevso

Ok so i would love there to be natural disasters for smp, flooding, earthquakes, tornadoes etc

Hope you like the idea

jorisk322, Mafidog and Samkio like this.
  2. Offline

Kohle

Ohhhhhhh I want this badly.

One thing.... I dont see how tornadoes would really work all that well. Earthquakes I could see, though. Love this idea!

3. Offline

bevso

but we need people to see this and actually spread the word :p

4. Offline

Kohle

Yes... didn't you suggest this to awesomecaptain7? He seems like a dev who will fulfill requests :p

5. Offline

codename_B

I like this idea... will definately look into it

6. Offline

Pencil

flooding of areas wouldn't be tooo hard, earthquakes would be possible too but thornadoes aren't gonna work :p

7. Would love to see a plugin do this... Also METEORS! Too bad that neometeorites plugin has broken :(. I think the dev is rewriting it though :p

8. Offline

Designdecay

This could work for a plugin I wanted. Make lightning do damage.

9. Offline

codename_B

Shall we divvy up the work amongst ourselves? Bagsie me earthquake!

10. Offline

bevso

hell yes :p hope you manage to make somthing awesome :p earthquakes, flooding maybe, tornadoes are a must haha etc maybe a volcano but that may seem really hard to make :p

11. Offline

retsrif

hey there, @codename_B how about we make this a full plugin, with all the disasters? I'm interested too!

12. Offline

chubbz

this would be epic id download it strait away

13. Offline

bevso

i can make the video for this though, considering i came up with the idea :p.

so have any devs actually started to make this yet?

are you able to start making it then? :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  14. Offline

Pencil

Lol naw I have to much stuff to do and working on some plugins for our server :p

15. Offline

bevso

:( but you and i both know that this is awesome and will easily get alot of peoples attention

16. Offline

Pencil

And peoples attention gives me what? XD No sorry this is a big project and I'm already working on one for my server, I can't do 2 at a time :p

17. Offline

bevso

ok fair point, btw check out my texture pack :D

My texture pack

18. Offline

bevso

ok so im putting this back out there then, can a developer please try to make something like this :D

19. Offline

Jaxkr

Without a client mod!

20. Offline

Pencil

yes without a client mod jerk...

scrub88 likes this.
  21. Offline

bevso

have you managed to start something like this? i would love this to be made but so far no one seems to want to make it even though they love the idea :/

22. Offline

philipborg

Tornados could be a number of random blocks spinning around in circles, and some blocks that looks like air when seen for a short time

23. Offline

bevso

maybe, but we need a develpor to start making this before we come up with any more ideas for it haha

24. Offline

philipborg

Ok:p

25. Offline

ruben381

How about:
    Natural bushfires.
    Waves. Big waves.
    Snowstorms/Whiteouts.

26. Offline

NemTheking

Volcanoes? You would need to have a plugin that either populated the map with volcanoes on world generation, or make it so that the top of mountains would burst open? I think after that every few months of game time the lava in one would raise and flood out.

27. Offline

bevso

maybe but as i have said already we need a developer to start making this before we add more ideas

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  28. Offline

bevso

developers please :)

29. Offline

Choelian

Hmmmm ... I like this very much. I had an idea on how to do tornadoes.

ifrezzax likes this.
  30. Offline

bevso

awesome, would you be able to try to make this?