MYST Linking Books

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

I did for sure.

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Did you redownload the plugin from the same link?

3. Offline

roracle

Okay cool it's working now, sorry, didn't see that part originally.

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    No problem ;)
    Does it work now as you intended? Feel free to request changes and report bugs :p

5. Offline

roracle

If there would be one thing you could possibly add, is if a player puts a linking book in an enchanting table, sneak-clicks it, it turns into a "liking book stand". If broken, it just drops the book and the enchanting table separately?

6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    If you explain what it does ;)
    Or should "liking" mean linking at it just becomes a descriptive book, that ony teleports you? I am not quite sure.

roracle likes this.
  7. Offline

roracle

Yeah it would work like a descriptive book, but would require a linking book. It would prevent having to shuffle through books if you know what goes where.

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Sorry, was busy making a command system :p
    Should the books drop then? Or is it an alternative to the hopper system?
    Should you be able to link books to it? Like a descriptive book, or does it only teleport you?

Any particles around that enchanting table, to differentiate it? As it has a different function.

9. Offline

roracle

First, remove particle effects, I'll add them myself lol. It's erroring out on me so I'd rather not have to worry about them.

Anyway, I digress. Have linking stands work this way:

• player puts linking book in enchanting table
    • player sneak+left clicks enchanting table
    • enchanting table now links to the book in the table
    • book stays in table
    • player shift+left clicks table to disable
    • player can remove book and put another there and repeat above steps to make new linking book stand
    It's basically a "book stand" so you don't have to worry about dropping the book. Like one of these in the official games:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  10. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Got it. Will be off for today, but I will do it tomorrow :)

@roracle
    Now, I don't think this is a double post. One day later and I want him to get an alert.
    I am just waiting for the merge though... :p (Of which I hope it is automatic)

• Descriptive books now drop themselves if you break them
    • Added bookstands
      • Created by putting a linking book in an enchanting table
      • Disabled by shift+left clicking (changes particles and stops function)
      • Reenabled with the same (Shift+left click)
      • Used by right clicking
      • Drop their linking book upon destroy
    Please note that nor all particles work in the config. Only the ones NOT requiring additional data will, which are most.
    If you want another, say the name and I will add a special handling for it.

Could you be so kind and test it? Maybe not on a productive server though ;)

Link: Plugin, Util.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting. <20 hours you say? Timer is ready xD>

EDIT by Me: I updated the plugin again. No changes to the plugin itself, but some experiementing with the util libary ;) If you have any error, I would like you to report them :p (No ones for me)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    roracle likes this.
  11. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Just a post to get you an alert.

If this is not in the timeframe, I don't know what is :p

timtower likes this.
  12. Offline

roracle

The linked plugins gave me this error:

13. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Something idiotic slipped through along with something strange.
    Try redownloading the Util from the same link as above.

14. Offline

roracle

Now this:

15. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Should probably stop being distracted :p
    Lets have a look.

That was unfair! A "." glitched away and the reflection util couldn't find the server version :confused:
    Redownload it please and say if it still doesn't work.

16. Offline

roracle

@I Al Istannen

It's loading now, but when I type /kor age it says I don't have permission for that command, and yes I still have my permissions set. If you changed anything let me know please. :)

17. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Sorrry, I was playing around a bit with the system. This is because I made a mistake and maybe also because your language files are outdated.

Redownload the Plugin this time from the same link and, if possible, delete your language files and let them regenerate. I can't post the diff sadly, as I don't know what exactly changed.

18. Offline

roracle

@I Al Istannen

It's working, but now that same error I was getting before is coming up. So I'll post it here so you can see. It must do with particles as it's always happening and the error keeps happening until I remove the descriptive book. Edit: the particles do not show. I'm using the default files as generated.

19. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Did you switch to Minecraft 1.10?
    This error is beacuse the creator of the particle libary didn't think there would ever be version numbers with more than one digit (but we have 1.10 now...). Should be fixed.

Redownload from the same link please. And pray that the particles didn't change too much. Else I will need to switch to a 1.10 jar and test a bit, which will take some time.

20. Offline

roracle

21. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    Does it work now, after you redownloaded it?

22. Offline

roracle

@I Al Istannen

Yes, I can confirm it's working now. Thank you. :) I'll do some more testing later and let you know if anything changes.

23. Offline

I Al Istannen

24. Offline

roracle

Okay two things I can see so far that seem like they could finish this up nicely:

1. On creating Descriptive or Linking Books, it should not store the Pitch of the player, but only the Yaw, and put the Pitch at "straight ahead" so the player can see what their surroundings are.
    2. The Linking Books, on creation, say "by Original" instead of the owner's name.

25. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    I will do that tomorrow :)

Now, I don't really now how I should handle the comments, because if I answer too early tomorrow (= in less than 20 hours), the comment will be merged because of "spam".
    If you answer now, all will be well for the bot and my comment, but isn't it cheating?
    Creating a conversation seems to be quite much for this and discouraged too.

So you can either answer to this, or I will send you a PM tomorrow when I am finished.

@timtower sorry for the tahg, but this just seems so annoying right now. Is there really no better solution? :/

26. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

27. Offline

I Al Istannen

The discussion was partly done via PM, you can find the "gist" here though. Copy of relevant PM:

@roracle
    Okay, I had a closer look. You can dowload the new version from the same link.
    1. You can simply look in this direction when creating it. I think it makes it far less flexible, if you are forced to look straight. What if you are on a tower or something where you only see things down or up?
    2. It says "by <nothing" and then "Original". It does this only if you use "written_book" as material. I changed it so that the linking book will have the author tag applied, if you choose "written_book" as material. The "Original" just states that it is not a copy. Doubt I can change that.
    3. I guess you are using MultiVerse? I will need to know the name of the plugin. I don't know how that happends, but I have an idea:
      If you restart the server, the locations are read back from disk. There is also the world name stored. If multiverse is not yet loaded (and has therefore loaded the worlds), the world won't exist and the stored name is useless. Then it will default to null, which causes everything to break.
      I have changed it to load after MultiVerse, could you try again?

28. Offline

roracle

@I Al Istannen

Okay with the latest one from the PM, the error still comes up on starting the server:
    And this on shutdown:

29. Offline

I Al Istannen

@roracle
    World is null. Delete the save file and place a book only in the main world. Then restart. Does the error still come up? Meanwhile I'll try to make it load it's configration later...

EDIT: Redownload it please. And delete the saves, they might be corrupted (you can check for the world name in there). I made it load itself up, once all plugins are finished. If that isn't enough, I am not sure what I can do.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  30. Offline

roracle

@I Al Istannen

When you say delete the save file, do you mean the placed_books.yml file?

EDIT: this is how the placed_books.yml file looks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.