My plugin update isn't aproved after 6 hours?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by MrBlackDrag0nfly, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi bukkit staff!

So today I updated my plugin UserGuide but after 6 hours the file isn't approved yet!
    I know you are busy with coding bukkit 1.7 but 6 hours? Normally it gets approved in less than 2 hour. It's also possible that 6 hours is nothing and I may not say anything about it :p
    In that case, just lock the tread! but I think 6 hours is pretty long :|

Regards,

Ruben

2. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

MrBlackDrag0nfly
    The BukkitDev team take pride in the fact that 99% of all the plugins uploaded to BukkitDev are detected and screened for malicious code. Approval times are worth it knowing that you have a crack(using) team of staff that will ensure the wellbeing of your server is kept to a high standard.

3. Offline

Hoolean

That's a lie!
    It's meth.

4. XD 3VIL M0NKEY
    yea I know that, but why was it normal 2 hour then?

5. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

There could be a spike in projects that require approval?
    There are a LOT of plugins to decompile and check.

6. XD 3VIL M0NKEY
    i agree but still there are 5 staff members online!

7. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Yeah, but there might be 50 projects before yours, BukkitDev is not a competition ground, it's a plugin site.
    The answer will always be the same, just like with Minecraft updates, when it's done.

8. Offline

Jozeth

First take into account how many plugins have been uploaded to BukkitDev (9,000+), then look at the recently updated (Over 40 updated for the 26th October). Finally it's a weekend and people (the staff) might be out and developers will have more time to update their own plugins.

Edit: You shouldn't really put "It's taking longer than usual but its coming!" on your project page as other developers and I have waited longer (1 day+).

XD 3VIL M0NKEY likes this.
  9. XD 3VIL M0NKEY :p

Jozeth Look that's something! Now I have the answer! Thank you.
    Topic can be closed :D and I'm just going to wish that my plugin gets approved soon :p

Edit: Yea but my longest wait time was 1 1/2 hours! For ME it was longer than usual!
    Also someone had asked me where the update was so I thought it was handy to put on the plugin page, but I changed it.

10. Offline

Hoolean

MrBlackDrag0nfly

Files/projects uploaded can increase dramatically around update times, hence at the moment more plugins have to be gone through. :)

11. Offline

lol768

Being online doesn't mean working on the queue

12. No that's true! But it isn't a matter anymore ;) I was just thinking that 6 -7 hours was much, but it isn't. Also I've worked on my next plugin while that time :)

Also, good luck with all the projects ;D

Hoolean, Jozeth and lol768 like this.
  13. Offline

TeamJesus

i've waited 4 days once... no biggie.. people actually have a life outside of (shudders) minecraft :D

14. Offline

Bobcat00

How dare they have a life! ;)

Speaking of which, any of the well-known Bukkit people going to Minecon? Maybe TnT? EvilSeph? Necrodoom?

15. Offline

Jozeth

You should probably make a thread for that.

16. Offline

xTrollxDudex

17. Offline

drtshock

18. Offline

xTrollxDudex

I couldn't care leash about approval time though. I would apply for DBO but school ya know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.