Solved Multiworld problem

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Arnii, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Arnii

Hi,

I'm not sure on what to call this problem or where to put it, but basically I (together with a friend) run a server with multiple worlds on one server. It was just all basic survival / plot world, but now I want to add a skyblock world. I already have a plugin installed to keep the inventories separate, but there is a loophole. We also have an auction plugin. This way people can auction items / bid on items in the normal survival world and get them (back) in the skyblock world, which we of course don't want.

The only 2 solutions I can think of are either just get rid of the whole auction plugin, but that would be a pity to get rid of or make players unable to tp anywhere while active on an action. So I hope someone already has a solution for this or I'm going to have to make some kind of custom plugin which of course will take a while.

Regards,
    Arnii

2. Offline

Ruptur

I would use PerWorldPlugin to disable the auction plugin in certain worlds to stop the loophole

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

If you have WorldGuard then you can do /rg f __global__ blocked-cmds auc in the plotworld and SkyBlock world which will deny them from using any Auction commands in those worlds.

4. Offline

Arnii

First thanks for helping me think through this problem, but both solutions just disable the plugin in skyblock world. People can still bid on an auction in the normal survival world, teleport to the skyblock world and still receive the item.

I was thinking more of an auction / inventory plugin that instead just gives the player the item (doesn't matter what world), adds it to their normal survival inventory, even when they're in the skyblock world.

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

I think that with floAuctions you're able to make it so that anyone participating can't join/leave (can't remember which) certain worlds, so that if they bid in Survival they can't go to SkyBlock/Plotworld.

6. Offline

Ruptur

@Arnii
    With PerWorldPlugin, i dont think they would receive the item

7. Offline

Arnii

Still then they wouldn't receive their items. I doubt they like to lose items.

floAuctions made it possible to block commands (and maybe also worlds, but haven't found that yet) and if I block auction commands in skyblock world the whole loophole is fixed. Thanks!

8. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@Arnii There is a list of "blocked commands" you can just add the commands there like back, spawn, tpa, tp tpaccept probably even skyblock and other server commands.(if u tried that anyway) Also, u can use pex with per world permissins and set a - node like - -auction.bid in skyblock to disallow bidding there.

If i remember correctly to make it the easiest would be pex group <group> add -auction.bid skyblock
    That in theory should create a permission negative for /bid on skyblock. Also if it wont automaticly do it u can set the regular world as a parent to skyblock so it still takes all commands allowed in survival but in skyblock disallows bid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.