MultiCraft (BeastNode) Updating Minecraft

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by GroundSnake4E, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GroundSnake4E

Hi I want to update minecraft to 1.7.2 -
    http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/65040832258/minecraft-1-7-2
    My problem is though is I do not know how! :( I want to stay with bukkit, and I only want to update minecraft. Therefor all of the players can use the latest version of minecraft, but still with all of the bukkit stuff. How do I do this? Thank You

P.S. I tryed emailing Beastnode and they are stupid...

2. Offline

tcvs

GroundSnake4E bukkit has no releases for 1.7.2 yet that is why

3. Offline

GroundSnake4E

No I do not want bukkit. The minecraft update shown above. I posted a url It is Minecraft 1.7.2

4. Offline

maller

You don't know how to update minecraft, and you call Beastnode stupid ? heh

5. Offline

mack2540

^^^^^^ Wait. So you want your players to update to 1.7.2 but play on your 1.6.4 server? That's not possible

6. Offline

Hoolean

Could you explain what you want definitively please?

7. Offline

GroundSnake4E

Ok Hoolean this is what I would like I would like to still use a bukkit server ok? I would like to use the newest version of minecraft though. I just want to the things minecraft has added. That is called minecraft 1.7.2 and I want to know how to update my server. I still want to stay with bukkit and everything, but I just want the new improvements minecraft has added to the game. What I would like to know is how to do that. Thank You

8. Offline

Hoolean

GroundSnake4E

Right, you will be able to use the new features of Minecraft 1.7.2 when the Bukkit team have finished developing CraftBukkit 1.7.2. Until then, you will have to stick to 1.6.4 Minecraft.

Additionally, please note that any builds that are not found on bukkit.org are not official updates and may contain malicious and/or unstable code that we here at Bukkit can not take responsibility for.

Please give the development team some slack; it is not easy coding CraftBukkit to have all of the new features that 1.7 brought and keep up an awesome API for developers :p

9. Offline

GroundSnake4E

Aah so please tell me if I am right. Bukkit kind of updates there plugin to whatever minecraft does. So if I want like the new wood minecraft 1.7.2 added I must wait for bukkit to add the same things? I basically just want everything the base of minecraft has, but with the plugins and everything bukkit does. I just want to make it so when people log on to my server they can just use 1.7.2. I mean I have already tryed other servers and they are on 1.7.2, and I would expect they are using bukkit. Also would it work some how if I swiched over to vanilla 1.7.2, and then swiched back to bukkit would all of the new updates be there? Thank You Hoolean

10. Offline

fafler

GroundSnake4E Exactly. But wood is not the hardest part. Stuff like reverse engineering the network protocol and making it talk to the Minecraft client is.

You could switch to the official Minecraft server until Bukkit comes out for 1.7.2, as the world data is compatible, but you would not be able to use Bukkit plugins.

11. Offline

GroundSnake4E

Aah Thank You fafler ! :) I mean no one could just say that? :D lol So basically they have to remake everything minecraft just did for update 1.7.2? Wait will bukkit still make it exactly the same?

12. Offline

fafler

GroundSnake4E Yes. I'm not that much into the internals of Minecraft/Bukkit, but this happens at every update, and we just have to bite our time and think nice thoughts about the developers instead of making why doesn't this ยง&@! work threads. The trick is to provide a server that is more interesting than the official Minecraft server, which is not that hard. Half my players are already back today. Yesterday it was completely empty most of the day.

13. Offline

GroundSnake4E

Thank You so much!!! :) You are the best fafler !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.