Development Assistance Modify Playerlist (Tab list)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by JoTyler, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JoTyler

Thank you for reading,
    Wanted to know how i would go about organizing the player tab list. As in, i have two teams and want one team to display on one side and the other on the other. I already have them being colored but that doesn't split them. Also, how would i go about adding something about the tab list and then below it? Thanks for the help.

2. Offline

Konato_K

@JoTyler Do you mean something like this? You need to spawn fake players, since the sorting for this is handled client side and it's it's ordered by who comes first, if you're trying to do it for 1.8 then you can't unless you modify the server itself.

[​IMG]

3. Offline

mine-care

Tab api :- )
    Check it out its just what you look for but I am not sure of 1.8.X compatibilities.

4. Offline

JoTyler

@Konato_K I am working with 1.8 but thank you anyway.
    @mine-care Looking into that, Have a link?

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

6. Offline

Konato_K

@JoTyler This can't be normally done in 1.8, I know SportBukkit has their own methods to fake this packets properly and disable the sorting in some ways, but SportBukkit (currently) it's 1.7 with the 1.8 protocol hack, otherwise you can try to do what they did by changing Spigot or whatever you use.

7. Offline

JoTyler

@Konato_K Thank you for your help. I figure it out.

Now, i figured out how to add a header and footer to the tab list using protocolLib, Anyone have any idea as to how i can organize the players? So that one team (blue) is on top and the other (red) is below it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.