Minigame Idea (Queen Lords from Battle Tanx)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Falkoner, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Offline

Falkoner

I've been out of the Minecraft scene for a while now, but I recently checked it out and saw the huge jump in Minigame support for servers. I always enjoyed a basic CtF game on the server I used to host, and I was thinking about how the experience could be improved.

Specifically, I thought about having more than 2 teams, my favorite example of this would be the Queen Lord game mode from Battle Tanx on the N64. Essentially, with 4 players, each base had a "queen lord" (think flag), and the goal of the game was to get all 4 of them into your base. It made for a fun auto-balance, since the closer a player would get to winning, the higher a target his base would become.

It also automatically finished in a reasonable amount of time, since when you picked up the queen lords, you almost definitely would grab all of them at once, and eventually they'd all be grouped together, making finishing the game inevitable. However, if it were recreated, I think a good idea would be to add the option of limiting how many you can grab at the same time.

The biggest difficulty here would be how to show multiple flags being carried by a single player.

In general, I think a lot of mini game ideas could be taken from Mario Party and other old games, I think this one in particular would only be a slight modification of past CtF game modes, and it fits Minecraft well.

Thought, comments? Excuse me if I'm failing to see that this essentially already exists in another CtF plugin.