[MINIGAME] [DEVS. WANTED] "Stop It Slender" G-mod minigame ,played by UberHaxorNova

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PumasCast, Oct 20, 2013.

?

How many people would honestly play this if it was a MineCraft mini-game?

1. Yes, I would 100% love this mini-game.

66.7%
  2. No, I would hate this mini-game and never play it.

33.3%
  1. Offline

PumasCast

This video shows how one plays as slender man:

Just in case video does not appear for you;LINK

This video shows how one plays as a victim, and what happens when all pages are collected:
    GO TO 4:48 in the video, this shows UberHaxorNova winning the game as a victim!

Just in case video does not appear for you; LINK

Stop It Slender:
    It's a small silly game mode that was originally made to play with some friends, so don't take it too seriously.
    In short: its multiplayer version of Slender with co-op/versus.
    It's not supposed to be scary, but mostly competitive.
    Humans:
    *Goal - collect all 8 pages on a map. Pages are not shared between players, which means if player X takes page # 1 - player Y still needs to take page # 1 too.
    * If one human collects all of the pages, the Slender has lost and the match will restart.
    * Players right click with a flashlight (stick re-textured) in order to turn on the flashlight.
    *Notes could possibly just be pieces of paper that spawn on the ground in random and cool places. (Would probably be easier to set spawns for the pages with a command, but then players could memorize them… so a give and a take.
    * XP number (above xp bar) = how many pages that the player has collected.
    * Prevented from sprinting so the game is not easy to win. Makes the player feel more vulnerable since the slender is right behind them.
    Slenderman:
    * Goal - stop humans from stealing all of the pages.
    * XP number (above xp bar) = how many victims the player/slenderman has killed.
    *Cannot become visible if within the line of sight of the player; must become visible while behind players or around corners.
    *Can see players health and how many pages the players have collected so they know who to spend the most time targeting. (Harder for players to win, since the slender knows how many pages they have).
    * Slender can sprint, unlike humans. (non-slender players). But when visible has a
    slowness effect.
    Plugin category: Fun
    Suggested name: Slender Stop It
    What I want:
    It is not really what I want, but what I want for the community. I would also love to use this for my network server that is opening in the spring of 2014. Everything that could be put in the plugin is stated above, flashlight for victims, slender noise, etc... Some things that are not mentioned are as follows:
    Arena Setup:
    There should be arena's maps, so a lobby to choose what maps you want to play, and this setup is extremely to the Survival Games plugin. This setup also should include full and complete automation.
    Arena Setup:
    There should be arena’s; so a lobby system that allows players to choose what maps they wish to play. This setup is extremely similar to the Survival Games plugin, should also include full and complete automation.
    Unique Features:
    * A flashlight that the player will be able to toggle. This could just use the torch AI and have light emit around a player.
    * Sound plays when a player has seen the slender man.
    * Sound plays when a player has seen the slender man too much and is caught, the screen could also have some weird thing happen to it to effect the games look.
    * Once a player is caught and "killed” the player should be able to spectate the current game or leave with /leave
    * When a player looks at slender or they have stopped moving and the slender is behind them they will begin to lose health.
    * When a player looks away from the slender man after losing health, they will start to regain their health very slowly. The slender will notice this and has to work fast to get the person before they regain full health again.
    * Random selection of Slenderman.
    * Passes that can be bought from online so people can use them in game to be selected as Slenderman or next round if waiting in lobby.
    A cool video showing some ideas/unique features that would 100% be added for when players are playing on a map. This is just to show how this could all come together! This would also be possible to do with commands and not command blocks. Possibly something to be added to the plugin when it is made. Use WorldEdit to select multiple regions that will teleport a player to a room with glowstone when it is entered. This will add the fear factor to the game! Slenderman should not be teleported. This can all be done with command blocks including not teleporting Slenderman so it is 100% doable with commands and plugin built in "readiness". This could also happen when a player is brought down to zero health by the slender man, and then will be teleported into the glowstone room and then back to the lobby or made invisible to spectate.

Skip to 1:00 to see how the magic happens!

Just in case video does not appear for you; LINK

Ideas for commands:
    Only commands should be for admins since the game should be 100% sign operated and run. The commands should only be used for admin setup. Possibly a /leave command;
    /ssi leave.
    /ssi join [arena/map name]
    Ideas for permissions:
    - SSI = (Slender Stop It)
    - SSI.arena.join
    - SSI.arena.leave
    - SSI.ETC...
    When I'd like it by:
    No set date, nor does it matter. Just sometime before the spring of 2014.
    Contact Information:
    If you are interested in picking this up as a plugin it would be much appreciated if you would add me on Skype since we could collaborate together if and when needed. If you would rather make the plugin and not add me on Skype, there is no problem since I cannot control that. Considering that this idea was created by me though, it would be a highly respected choice and or decision [​IMG] Cannot wait to see who bites on the hook!
    Skype name: pumascast

2. Offline

buddyzuczok

Good desc hope this plugin comes a good plugin :D

PumasCast likes this.
  3. Offline

PumasCast

I always try to make my posts as professional as they can be/look. Some people just post "can plugin be made for teleport with another command". And half of the time, you have no clue what they have said. So I hope people find this professional in a way, and it turns into something big :D This could honestly be a big game changer for someones gaming/coding career. I would also love to be the manager of the plugin considering the idea was created here. Would love to work with someone on this and see where it goes :D

Best Regards, Tyler M.

4. Offline

BHDMan

It's an amazing idea that would probably get players over other Mini-Games like Survival Games. I've seen it done on other servers where the Slender is just an Enderman coded to stalk nearby players. Making that person the Enderman, however, could be done with the help of the DisguiseCraft team.

PumasCast likes this.
  5. Offline

PumasCast

Yeah, I did see that plugin and I also thought how easy it would be to disguise the player as an enderman. But what makes this difficult is making the plugin know when the player has seen the slender man and for how long, and only one player take a note and making sure when another players come up to the same spot it is there for them too. Also, making sure the slender man cannot just walk in front of someones flash light and become visible since this would make the game un-fair; has to be behind the player or out of sight.

6. Offline

BHDMan

This is true. I see where that can be an issue but generally speaking, the whole "when the player has seen slenderman and for how long" portion is a bit complicated in saying that most players will generally get confused at this and not know how to attack other players. It's a part that many would love to see implemented but many will also not get.

7. Offline

PumasCast

Well, I hope someone will pick this up :D If not, I will keep pushing it!

8. Offline

Pik0

like the chunk server one? yea, it would be cool, if someone wants to make this i can help coding, i dont have time to make it all by myself

BHDMan and PumasCast like this.
  9. Offline

PumasCast

Sounds good :D

10. Offline

BHDMan

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'd love to help in any way possible, especially since I plan on adding a Mini-Games server to my Bungee proxy and was looking for something like this.

11. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PumasCast
    Impossible to check
    Not really an easy task, and it could lag the server a bit

calebbfmv likes this.
  12. Offline

PumasCast

I feel like this would all be possible considering there are more complex plugins. If not, thanks for telling me that some of this is "impossible" though, so I could modify the game play of this.

13. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

After some thinking: The check if the player has seen slenderman is kinda possible, not fail safe though, with some settings you can have seen it, with other settings maybe not, although the code will act the same

14. Offline

PumasCast

Yeah, because I was thinking afterwards "then how do they make a sound play when you look at an enderman in normal MineCraft?" You could simply apply that API to a player, and make it so it has a bigger range of error distance for the victim. Increase the size of the target box that triggers the AI that the player looks at to create the enderman noise and make it "agro".

15. Offline

AndyMcB1

Skimming through I saw this:
    torch AI?
    This isn't as easy as you think.

16. Offline

PumasCast

No, I do not want people to think that this is 100% what the plugin has to be, it is more or less suggestions as to what could make it be at its greatest potential. As for the shameless bump, I just saw someone else do that to his post, probably not professional at all looking back at it - which is why it was removed - but I do not want people to think that I am just doing this for the heck of it, but I am in it for the long haul if anyone is interested.

Best Regards, Tyler M.

17. Offline

Williscool98

PumasCast
    Maybe just edit the pumpkin on head resource pack that looks like this:

Using an item on the hotbar, you could right click it to either put the pumpkin on (flashlight off), or give you blindness (flashlight off)

18. Offline

PumasCast

Well there are flashlight plugins out there, so maybe if they have released the source code, that would be way to implement it into the slender plugin; if someone ever decides to make it :D

Just watched the video since there were issues with it showing up when I was originally looking at your post, some great ideas and here. I am going to update the content now. I really appreciate the addition to the plugin development :D Thank you very much!

Best Regards, Tyler M.

Just updated the content in the description. Hope this ties it all together and shows people and or developers what this could all become!

Sorry again, but another content update.
    Content that was updated: More information as to how a jump scare could be implemented into the game. See video or description above video for more information. This could also happen when a player is killed or sees the slenderman.

Content update: contact information.

Content update: Line of sight code/AI added.

Williscool98 likes this.
  19. Offline

Atakyn

20. Offline

PumasCast

Just another bump so this stays alive and someone will pick it up :D
    Best Regards, Tyler M.

21. Offline

calebbfmv

Hmmmm, let me do this over the weekend.

22. Offline

PumasCast

Sounds great :D Are you making this private or public? And if so to either, would any credit be given to me as the creator of the idea. There really is honestly no way to say that without sounding selfish in a way, which I guess it is, but it honestly does not matter to me whether or not you give me credit considering the fact that you were nice enough to accept this challenge and create this plugin with your own free time! If you also might want to do coding for a server I would love to take you on board since I have great ideas for a network server and would love to get a Dev. on board. The server opens in the Spring of 2014 and I have been dedicated to this server for over 3 years now. It has been on and off from different game types up till this point (over the past 3 years) where I have gotten very serious about it being a true "here to stay" server, as I like to call it. The server is a network/"hub" server which allows for very unique opertunities for very unique gameplay. If you are interested in working with me at all, let me know over private message, or email me at [email protected]. I am always on and I will get back to you usually within 1 - 15 minutes. If you are also interested in a server tour before you make any decisions or even consider the idea, I would love to let you on and see what you would be a part of. Not working for, but apart of, and have a say in :D Yet again thanks, and consider taking me up on my offer :D

Best Regards, Tyler M.

23. Offline

calebbfmv

PumasCast
    Full credit goes to you for the idea mate.
    I will send you newest updates to test, as well as any other little things you might want, but otherwise it will be public.

24. Offline

PumasCast

24 hour bump.

25. Offline

Garris0n

If somebody's going to make it, why are you bumping it?

GotChuNow and timtower like this.
  26. Offline

Onlineids

I found a way to make it so when the player looks at the slender the slender is alerted which could lead to other things you wanted. I did this with the code from vanilla when you look at a regular enderman they get mad.

Just realized someone already found out how to do this -_-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  27. Offline

PumasCast

Haha, it is okay. Thank you for the help though :D

If you still want to help out or suggest ideas,I am sure calebbfmv would appreciate it very much! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  28. Offline

PumasCast

Bump, looking for a more experienced Dev. to help out with the project. There is one already on board calebbfmv, but he would like for another Dev. to help him.

29. Offline

Pik0

30. Offline

PumasCast

If you wish to, would you mind if I add you to a conversation?